Ahem. (#2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too much work. DVD would be simpler.

As far as I know, if the show was filmed, not taped, it's an excellent candidate for Blu-Ray. Of course, they'd have to clean up the print (and who knows what condition it's in), but they'd have to do that for DVD as well. At that point it's just a matter of doing an HD transfer, which they could also use for the DVD.

If the show was videotaped, I'd agree, there'd be no need to for a Blu-Ray..but if it was filmed, I think it would look beautiful in HD.

I hope something like this is being considered for a R&H deluxe set, and that they can sort out the rights w/Paramount.

Oh, I don't know for sure if it was actually "filmed" or not. As I said, if it was just videotaped, DVD would be fine, but if it was filmed, there's not reason they shouldn't do a Blu-Ray. The only reason I mentioned the possibility was b/c so many of the JT shows were filmed (yes, I know, obviously for the film, but I can hope).

Yeah, it was probably just recorded using SD video tape, unfortunately. Which is why (aside from R&H) I doubt we'll ever see any pre-Vertigo tour shows in true HD.

I agree with Nick, if it was filmed it'd be worth the effort and would surely look great.

but they can't even be bothered to put out an unreleased Zoo TV concert as part of a MASSIVE boxset for what they obviously consider their best album that costs hundreds of pounds, instead opting for the Sydney dvd which most of the people buying the box probably already own. what's going to convince them to not only release the New Years Eve show, but to go back, clean up the film (if it was filmed) and make an HD transfer for Rattle And Hum?? :(

If Point Depot is going to ever be released at all, it'll be on DVD.

The concert footage used in Rattle N Hum was filmed by all accounts. That could possibly be worth the undertaking, but given that Rattle N Hum has been out on DVD for ages, and that they released Paris from the same time on DVD, the chances of that type of project happening are slim to none imo.

We will get all these goodies one day but it will be when u2 have retired.

They will want to keep releasing things from the vault to keep the ball rolling when theve called it a day

We will be spending more money on them when theve packed up then we am now

Back
Top Bottom