Adam Clayton goes to court

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're obsessed with the band's finances, aren't you? :rolleyes: You even constantly derailed the thrad about Bono's surgery with that totally unrelated stuff.

And what do Bono's investments with Elevation Partners have to do with the Adam Clayton case? I don't think you need to bring this up here, we've had plenty of discussion about the Bono issue already, and this thread is about Adam.

As far as I know we have a separate forum about the financial and commercial side of U2. Personally, I'm not interested at all in that, because I'm simply not interested in other people's money. I come to this forum to discuss U2's music, not their money, so I really can't be bothered to read anything about their financial situation.

You're obsessed with the band's finances, aren't you? :rolleyes: You even constantly derailed the thrad about Bono's surgery with that totally unrelated stuff.

And what do Bono's investments with Elevation Partners have to do with the Adam Clayton case? I don't think you need to bring this up here, we've had plenty of discussion about the Bono issue already, and this thread is about Adam.

As far as I know we have a separate forum about the financial and commercial side of U2. Personally, I'm not interested at all in that, because I'm simply not interested in other people's money. I come to this forum to discuss U2's music, not their money, so I really can't be bothered to read anything about their financial situation.

No. I see many other people who brought up the subject. It relates to Adam, as many people before me posted things like what is going on, what does ___ mean, does it involve an issue with the band etc .

I believe they were in his thread. I provided links that yes, there are things going on as to structure, etc, that for sure in the case of Adam applies to the former accountant. Susan Boyle for instance. It is signifcant that some long term who worked with them , asked U2's manager for his opinion and it said a lot for what it didnt say.

I am not worried or Obessed, if I was , I would say so.

If others are talking about it why can't I ? That is a serious question.

So, it was providing some insight into what indeed is going on, and relates to others posts .

I have no doubt they will be fine. The theme seems to be, and the tie in to the thread, is something happened with u2 and their accountants. Adam sued , they others can do what they want. Or not

Many a mega star or group has been ruined by bad financial guys. Stones, half the people from the 50's and 60's. It is a common occurance.

They will survive.

I m not jealous of anything and certainly not someones money.

Thanks for the reply

Of course they'll survive; that's not even an issue.

Can anyone imagine any scenario in which any of the other four people (I'm including Paul McG in this) would be anything less than completely sympathetic to Adam? That they would expect him to just suck it up and go on without doing anything? Not in a million years. I'm confident that they're all behind him.

Besides, does anyone even know if Adam's personal accounting firm is connected with the band's finances? I'm not going back over every article since this all started, but from the few I've read tonight, it doesn't sound like it.

I don't know, Vintage. But, If I ever win the lottery. I will manage my own money.

It is a shame in Adam's case. You trust people. Experts in the field. Think they are better at management, with what you have earned. I can't imagine that the band would not be supporting him on this. They are his friends.

U2 breaking up.....just a tabloid headline. That's all.

They will just retire one day. Like some other groups.

LU no disrespect, intended.

I don't think anyone is obsessed. At least, I hope not. Since, we all have real lives outside of the internet. I think everyone here is just contributing to the conversation. But, you are right. We should stick to the topic at hand.

Wow, Adam likes some legal action recently. :ohmy: Is he bored?

Seriously, he seems to be acting as a single person, it's not the band. I hope he has good reason to do so. Obviously he doesn't feel he or U2 have anything to hide in regards to their finances, otherwise he wouldn't be doing this. I think the newspaper is being dramatic when it says it could "rip the band apart". I'm sure Adam wouldn't do anything that would threaten the band. Will be interesting to see where this is going and what has really happened. U2 have never been the guys who go around suing people, unlike many other stars.

Number 2

and so on and so . So my additions were directly related. Susan Boyle article is relevent as to Paul M 's remarks regarding the firing of their "money man" and his opinion and advice to her brother regarding retaining. It is obvious there was SOME issue. " I hope she has her own lawyer" was his direct quote.

How that is obsessive about someones money, or off topic ....... People like them sue, and get sued all the time

I believe they were in his thread. I provided links that yes, there are things going on as to structure, etc, that for sure in the case of Adam applies to the former accountant. Susan Boyle for instance. It is signifcant that some long term who worked with them , asked U2's manager for his opinion and it said a lot for what it didnt say.

We are talking about different accountants, though it's certainly relevant with regard to a broader discussion about U2's financial arrangements over the years. It's interesting, certainly, that McGuinness is evidently still pissed off over what ever it was that happened that led up to the falling out with Ossie over a decade ago at this stage.

Coming back to the more immediate concern of Adam's case, both the barrister that is acting for him and the barrister defending the bank are among the top barristers in Ireland. Michael McDowell is the former Irish Justice Minister who recently returned to the bar while Paul Sreenan is also a very, very well regarded lawyer. This is not a small case.

Thank you financeguy for the information. If it is proven there was fraud or mis-handling of his money. Adam should be able to recover this.

U2: The rock 'n Roll money trail - Music, Entertainment - Independent.ie

A few months old, but a good look into the financial structure of the Band , and their companies.

Hi, I just want to say I found this article really interesting! Thanks for posting!! :applaud: I think it's fascinating to see how artists and others in the entertainment industry structure their businesses and finances. World tours don't just "happen". There's an army of people and companies behind successful tours and artists. Just navigating around the tax legislation of every country/state a band plays in (or resides in) must be totally mind-numbing. And as for royalties - how on earth do they keep tabs on stuff like that?.... It's sad to see dishonnest employees - something I can't understand in U2's case. I would PAY to be employed by them!!! :drool:

Someone mentioned there's a thread on this topic. Where??

Back
Top Bottom