Acrobat live thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to believe ya, but it is awfully convenient for you to open this thread and then have an exclusive intel on it the next day.

Just sayin'.

Normally I'd be super skeptical, but Bono did say something recently to imply that they had been thinking about/possibly rehearsing Acrobat. Makes me slightly less skeptical.

Normally I'd be super skeptical, but Bono did say something recently to imply that they had been thinking about/possibly rehearsing Acrobat. Makes me slightly less skeptical.

Which he referred to in the first post of the thread.

Colour me skeptical.

this will have to do for now

I think the intention was Bono playing it himself with an acoustic guitar. He was to perform it on the second stage in his normal 80´s style, let´s say innocent and sincere, then rolling on the platform from the second stage to the main stage and then transform himself into Fly persona at the start of Zoo Station. What only remained from this concept was Bono coming on the stage at full light and singing "I could have lost you" bit until the band joined him and they went into Zoo Station.

The I Could Have Lost You part was on the first two legs. He sung it in full Fly persona. The Acrobat rehearsals were before the 3rd leg.

Is that rehearsal footage real? If so this the most depressed I've been as a U2 fan. Even a fucking horrific quality acoustic version of that song is better than anything they've released in at least 12 years, if not 15.

Is that rehearsal footage real? If so this the most depressed I've been as a U2 fan. Even a fucking horrific quality acoustic version of that song is better than anything they've released in at least 12 years, if not 15.

supposedly. here's a recounting of the rehearsals.

and cheer up. Moment of Surrender is better than that recording, and half of Achtung Baby.

It has been out there ever since, so I assume it is real.

There is a SMALL chance that as it is a fresh song they might make it sound good but all the signs are there that it would be a disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom