Acoustic Walk on with string arrangement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up: to this.

this is one of the few songs I actually like when stripped down to acoustic. saw them do this in Philadelphia for Vertigo tour (sans strings of course), and thought it was pretty excellent.

for the biggest band in the world, who's only concern is chart hits and $
roll.gif
, they do a pretty good job of hiding new songs in obscure places.

Does this get voted on in the "Best U2 Song Ever Poll"?

Acoustic Walk On... whatta a waste of a good song! The same case like Wild Horses, it was just boring. These are the dangerous examples how U2 could be mediocre when they put away their sonic sofistiaction. Staring at the sun is another example. Only a very few songs stand this test. Maybe Stay, Angel of Harlem, All I want is you. And even theese are not better than the full band versions. So they should be very careful abou that.

This is a definite version of Walk On, it worked like a charm, don´t have the idea why they decide to change the arrangement. Nonsense...

U2 - Walk On @ 2002 Grammy Awards - YouTube

Acoustic Walk On... whatta a waste of a good song! The same case like Wild Horses, it was just boring. These are the dangerous examples how U2 could be mediocre when they put away their sonic sofistiaction. Staring at the sun is another example.

Um, okay. Whatever you say...

Acoustic Walk On... whatta a waste of a good song! The same case like Wild Horses, it was just boring. These are the dangerous examples how U2 could be mediocre when they put away their sonic sofistiaction. Staring at the sun is another example. Only a very few songs stand this test. Maybe Stay, Angel of Harlem, All I want is you. And even theese are not better than the full band versions. So they should be very careful abou that.

Agree. With every single word.

don´t have the idea why they decide to change the arrangement. Nonsense...

I know, right? When will artist figure it out? Stop trying to change up arrangements or make your own interpretation when doing a cover, stick to the original because that's the one I know.

:angry:Sheesh! Stupid artists...

U2 has always thrived on band chemistry. When you take away the rhythm section, you lose that, and the arrangement is pretty much guaranteed to be weaker.

The only acoustic version I like more is Stuck, and that's only because the studio version is so cheesy and overblown that the only possible direction was up.

it's actually a live version from Saitama, Japan in 2006, they just used the soundboard sans audience and overdubbed the strings, nice version though :) new it sounded familiar though

U2 has always thrived on band chemistry. When you take away the rhythm section, you lose that, and the arrangement is pretty much guaranteed to be weaker.

The only acoustic version I like more is Stuck, and that's only because the studio version is so cheesy and overblown that the only possible direction was up.

This. Along with Stuck, the only song that worked for me in that Bono/Edge acoustic fashion was Please on the Elevation tour. Nowhere near the power of the full band version, but not bad at all.

This is a definite version of Walk On, it worked like a charm, don´t have the idea why they decide to change the arrangement. Nonsense...

U2 - Walk On @ 2002 Grammy Awards - YouTube

Totally agree.

I love most of the accoustic, stripped-down versions. Also quite enjoy the accoustic Walk On. I've always felt there's a sort of magic when they turn a stadium into an intimate place and play an accoustic rendition of a song. It's a quality of them as musicians that I totally appreciate. I don't think that every song works well acoustically, but I quite like that they are trying stuff. The accoustic OOTS that was released some months ago was great. It just gives their music another quality.

As for Walk On, I'm quite bored by the "regular" version, I don't care much for it, neither live nor the album version (that one even less); the accoustic one is nice for a change but it's certainly not the best thing they've done.

Hey, I listened to it and it is nothing interesting, boring, predictable, not good.

Acoustic Walk On... whatta a waste of a good song! don´t have the idea why they decide to change the arrangement. Nonsense...

All the other recordings of the song still exist. It's not as if this recording makes every other rendition self destruct. They're all still there. Nothing was wasted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom