Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part V/Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm.:hmm: They removed the acoustic guitar THEN rewrote and re-recorded the lyrics. So how come the "Kindergarten" version is acoustic guitar but lyrics exactly like the final album version. Someone's pulled a shifty on us!

Read what you quoted:

disappeared under layers of overdubs

So obviously this song had several layering tracks to which to choose from...

I think the rerecorded line was referring specifically to part of his vocals, not the lyrics.

Perhaps the vocals weren't re-written but they were re-recorded on the final day in the studio. So what we have on Kindergarten (being the actual album vocal take) was recorded right at the end of the process.

However that description implies that the track started as an acoustic track, then got drowned in overdubs (at which point Eno had them to remove the acoustic guitars) and then finally got Flood's magic (which I guess is a little more overdubbing and some organ).

So my belief is that we've got is an early musical track overlayed with a final vocal track. It would've been nice to hear the early version of vocals that matched the earlier musical track. That's all I was saying.

In "Baby" One I can really hear the "bacon, bacon, bacon and haaaaaaaaaaaaam" part that many people have confused :lol:

Oh Berlin might be one of my favorite things they've ever released. How is that possible for a 20 yr old b-side?! Oh, bc these guys are amaze balls.

So basically, if you include the tax you'll have to pay (in most states), it's still cheaper to get the Super Deluxe on Amazon, where you'll also get free shipping.

The downside is maybe not getting yours by release day.

They ship them on Friday and they usually arrive Monday. It's never failed me.

Oh Berlin might be one of my favorite things they've ever released. How is that possible for a 20 yr old b-side?! Oh, bc these guys are amaze balls.

It's basically a new song, you know... Just like Wave of Sorrow was a new song a few years ago and Wake Up Dead Man was a new song in 1997, even though the original idea came from 1990.... :)

Yeah, but I ordered mine a week ago and the delivery estimate says btw Nov. 7th and 14th. :sad:

That's strange because mine says it'll be here 11/1. Did you choose Standard shipping? I paid for Two day, which guarantees it on release day.

Change your shipping to two day, it's the best $8 you'll spend.

That's strange because mine says it'll be here 11/1. Did you choose Standard shipping? I paid for Two day, which guarantees it on release day.

Change your shipping to two day, it's the best $8 you'll spend.

I've got the Two day shipping guaranteed for release date delivery.

So that means Amazon will probably ship tomorrow (Friday) right? And my card will get charged when it ships, correct?

(Just curious, never done this two-day/release date delivery shipping before, let alone pre-ordered an item from amazon.)

Well if the band is going to re release their back catalogue to suit modern hifi systems, one questions why they have bother making new music

Given that their back catalogue is far superior

Anyone in Australia got a super/uber deluxe yet?

JB HiFi have had the locally made 2 disk since Wednesday but told me the 6 disk versions are Euro production and won't arrive for another week.

My uber version is coming from UK on a 2 day postage so it will presumably arrive before it hits local shops :(

Ok, I just listened to the "Kindergarten" disc, so to make it short:

Baby Love Is Blindness: ****
Baby Zoo Station: ****,5
Baby WWRYWH: *****

amazing, blown away by Zoo Station and Wild Horses

So Cruel and The Fly the weaker links, by far, ** at most

And I really dig ONE, sounds a little country/western-ish

tomorrow I'll hear the "new" songs

and again, Wild Horses and ZS = :drool:

I'm a bit confused.. so what has been released/leaked? Is the new 'polished' Achtung available?

I'm more into the B sides than the "babies", though there's some nice stuff in the "Kindergarten". Still I prefer the original album tracks, by far. Some of the "babies" don't do much for me, others sound good, but I wouldn't exchange any of the AB album tracks with those earlier versions. Some sound just very raw and not really finished. "Zoo Station", to me, sounds a bit messy. "One" is interesting, but the instrumentation seems to give the song a totally different atmosphere which I don't think fits it very well. Wild Horses is interesting, I like how the chorus starts out slowly and then takes off. I haven't really made up my mind about the other tracks. Some of them are so close to the finished album versions that I cannot really see them as separate tracks. Still, interesting to listen to them, but I wish they'd have included more b sides and unknown/unreleased stuff.

A bright sunny morning in Dublin, the Friday of a holiday weekend. I have been into town and have my copy of the box set. FBI notice is on the back. I think Zooropa has been tweaked (but wouldn't swear to it) and Adam isn't one of the 16 prints.

Any other questions?

:drool:

p1000718u.jpg

CrashedCarDriver said:
Well if the band is going to re release their back catalogue to suit modern hifi systems, one questions why they have bother making new music

Given that their back catalogue is far superior

Don't say such things. Bono may hear you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom