Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part V/Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Amazon still says Not Yet Shipped too. I'm wondering if the box set is delayed in general in the US though, the Best Buy site lists both the Super and Uber boxes as released on 11/8 while the single and 2-CD versions are listed as 11/1.

Here in Canada, Amazon.ca aren't even offering either Super or Uber for pre-sale! Instead they say both are 'Currently Unavailable'.

Also, Best Buy.ca and sister company Futureshop are'n offering anything other than the 2 CD version at this time.

p.s. thanks to the earlier replies to my request re Zooropa

Here in Canada, Amazon.ca aren't even offering either Super or Uber for pre-sale! Instead they say both are 'Currently Unavailable'.

Also, Best Buy.ca and sister company Futureshop are'n offering anything other than the 2 CD version at this time.

p.s. thanks to the earlier replies to my request re Zooropa

sorry youre wrong there amazon.ca had the preorders up for over a month before they sold out. my shipping estimate says nov 1-7

sorry youre wrong there amazon.ca had the preorders up for over a month before they sold out. my shipping estimate says nov 1-7

Doh! I missed that. Just heard back from Amazon.ca that "(at) this time, we don't know when or if we will have copies of this item available for purchase. Therefore, we are not accepting any orders. If we learn that the item is available again, we will update its page on our web site."

corianderstem said:
Also, I'm taking a vacation day on Wednesday so I can just kick back and blast the fuck out of everything in the box set. :

Spent today doing that. Hope it gets there in time. Enjoy.

Has anyone in Austalia got a super deluxe yet?
Was just at jb and they haven't received any yet, despite having many on order by people and the release date being yesterday. They have the two disc version.

IS IT REMASTEREDED!??!?!

:behind:

for AB and Zooropa:

mastering by arnie acosta/a&m mastering studios, la
digital editing by steward whimore/a&m mastering sdudios, la
quality control cheryl engels/a&m studios, la

...and in "20th an. edition" credits (for every CD):

mastering directed by the edge
mastering produced by cheryl engels
mastered by arnie acosta and scott sedillo
technical assistance by thomas 'beno' may

I have no previous remasters with me, but i think those are the same people as before, no?

only they're using "mastering" and not "re-mastering"

:huh:

but i think it's safe to say both ab and zooropa while not "re-mastered" are "mastered again" :sexywink:

for AB and Zooropa:

I have no previous remasters with me, but i think those are the same people as before, no?

but i think it's safe to say both ab and zooropa while not "re-mastered" are "mastered again" :sexywink:

They don't call it a remsater because they didn't do anything like they did with the previous reissues (creating a new master from the source tapes) and U2 has made it clear they didn't think AB didn't need it.

So they've done the same to Zooropa as AB? That's good news we've been waiting for actually.

yeah, in the book you'll find "original credits" and then all the info i mentioned above for Zooropa.

And you can really hear the difference.
For me it's as much an improvement as the 80's remasters were

yeah, in the book you'll find "original credits" and then all the info i mentioned above for Zooropa.

And you can really hear the difference.
For me it's as much an improvement as the 80's remasters were

The band obviously felt that this release didn't need the extensive treatment given to the 80's releases. As long as the level adjustments and polishing they did sounds better to your ears, the technical aspects of what they did are largely irrelevant.

It's good news about Zooropa...thanks for confirming that!

Heaven and hell lyrics, so far deciphered:

You used to think I was something special
I know you haven't thought that in a while
You like the company of my inner devil
Cause my inner devil could make you smile
like an angel on some stained glass
not so ready for the recent past
with your pale breasts
and your fresh wound
and your eyes to heaven
with your hands bound

I thought you'd find me when you weren't looking
in truth you'd have to be there to look around
how come the honey suckle isn't sucking
and I got a bee sting walking barefoot on the ground
did I grasp it
become a mud bath
a dirty boy a dirty girl
I got a dirty laugh
I saw you coming
I had your cover
you slept beside me til you discovered
that we are heaven, heaven and hell
heaven, heaven and hell

picnic table
and a china cup
we had an airbed
that was all our stuff
now it's room 64
at the chateux
ask the front desk
where does your love go

is it to heaven or to hell
is it to heaven, heaven or hell
baby we're heaven, heaven and hell

for AB and Zooropa:

Awesome, thanks! :up:

So it seems like the guy who had his recording delayed because Arnie Acosta was busy with U2's remaster was completely correct. :)
And so was John Vanderslice.

Now hurry up mailman, I want my box. :panic:

Awesome, thanks! :up:

So it seems like the guy who had his recording delayed because Arnie Acosta was busy with U2's remaster was completely correct. :)
And so was John Vanderslice.

Now hurry up mailman, I want my box. :panic:

Um, no. Sorry, U2 doesn't have a remaster for AB, at least as far as the band is concerned..doesn't say so anywhere. The band doesn't consider it remastered or they'd use that word...like they did for all the other reissues. Yes, they created a new "master"...but this digital tweaking is far from what they did for the previous remasters.

I think Edge made that clear...but I understand some people may regard "John Vanderslice" as more of an expert on this matter than The Edge.:hmm:

Thanks for bringing it up again though. It's nice to reminded that they did exactly what I predicted they would do. :)

Are you still going to argue these stupid semantics?

Fact is AB was edited, and most of us would call that a remaster. Don't give a shit if it's a 'true' remaster or whatever. It's not the original recording, so for me this is a remaster.

Point is still that these people were 100% correct U2 were editing AB, and they were ridiculed by a lot of people on here, including you Nick.

Hello everyone, it's my first post here even if I always read this forum.I'd want to know if the bonus dvd contains "Outside broadcast" and if someone knows what you can download with the special code included in the uber deluxe edition (you can see it in the umpackaging videos posted some pages ago)Thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom