Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part IV/Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
to pick where we left off.

U2 Cover CD tracklisting

Nine Inch Nails - Zoo Station
U2 (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) - Even Better Than The Real Thing
Damien Rice - One
Patti Smith - Until The End Of The World
Garbage - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Depeche Mode - So Cruel
Snow Patrol - Mysterious Ways
The Fray - Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Gavin Friday - The Fly
The Killers - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Glasvegas - Acrobat
Jack White - Love Is Blindness

a more recent review of the release

U2
Achtung Baby [20th anniversary edition]
ISLAND 94%
Achtung Baby is the last great U2 album
and one of the best records ever made, but
is this $150 six-CD, four-DVD 20th anniversary edition
worth your time and money? Short answer: Fuck yeah. The
Kindergarten disc offers up an alternative version of the
album—including a searing seven-minute take on “Love Is
Blindness”—while the B-sides and Other Stuff disc boasts
more than half a dozen unreleased songs, such as a smoky,
bluesy cover of Linda Ronstadt’s “Everybody Loves A
Winner.” There are also more than 20 rare remixes here, so
you can party like it’s 1991 all over again. NEVIN MARTELL

Page 29 here:

http://filtermagazine.com/files/good...uide/GMG37.pdf

If you are behind and/or hidden from this thread...

the album is remastered. we believe that Zooropa is not.

tracklisting(s) are out there.

discuss.

1c7c6_B005FVA63A__51bUODF99EL.jpg

do you have proof that the picture is real? just wondering if you personally know the guy who took the picture.

7 minute LiB? Wowsas

I know, right?? :love::love::love:

I'm wondering....what if it's the version that Edge is talking about in FTSD...the one where he literally put everything he had into the solo - just completely releasing all his anger, sadness, and emotion through those amazing guitar notes - and then Daniel Lanois told him it wasn't good enough?

How amazing would it be to hear that? :drool::drool::drool:

I so desperately wish they'd release all the demo tapes from all the Achtung Baby sessions....

I know, right?? :love::love::love:

I'm wondering....what if it's the version that Edge is talking about in FTSD...the one where he literally put everything he had into the solo - just completely releasing all his anger, sadness, and emotion through those amazing guitar notes - and then Daniel Lanois told him it wasn't good enough?

I so desperately wish they'd release all the demo tapes from all the Achtung Baby sessions....

Well, a lot of them are out there and there isn't much more you could do insult time than listen to them all.

And maybe, despite what Edge felt when he played the solo, it really wasn't good enough? I'm inclined to believe Lanois - the man is a guitar god himself, after all.

The comp is really a nice tip of the hat from the 'Electronic World'. NIN, DM have all worked with Flood so they must all really respect this work as well.

I am really anxious to hear the Patti Smith version. Will it be acoustic or electric?
Her album Twelve gives insights into how she covers rock classics.

I finally pre-ordered, and sprung for 2-day shipping, which Amazon tells me means I'll have it on the release date.

I may have to take a mental health day on Wednesday to explore it, as I won't be able to listen to it on Tuesday night. :shh:

O M G

That would be............

*THUD*

Does anyone know if any of the footage they shot playing the entire album in the studio last summer surface in the documentary or anywhere else in the set?

Not a lot. So Cruel is in there, as is Who's Gonna Ride, One, and The Fly. Edge plays Love is Blindness acoustic solo, but it appears to be in a theater, as opposed to the big room.

Not a lot. So Cruel is in there, as is Who's Gonna Ride, One, and The Fly. Edge plays Love is Blindness acoustic solo, but it appears to be in a theater, as opposed to the big room.

It looks like So Cruel, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, One and the Bono solo The Fly are from Hansa. The full band The Fly rehearsal and Edge's solo Love Is Blindness are from Winnipeg.

I finally pre-ordered, and sprung for 2-day shipping, which Amazon tells me means I'll have it on the release date.

I may have to take a mental health day on Wednesday to explore it, as I won't be able to listen to it on Tuesday night. :shh:

Is it still in the $116 range, ot did it decrease further?

*Thank you Amazon and your pre-order price guarantee policy*

Does anyone know if any of the footage they shot playing the entire album in the studio last summer surface in the documentary or anywhere else in the set?

As far as I'm aware we never had any proof that they played the entire album in Winnipeg. We heard reports on a few songs, but, for example, never on Acrobat or TTTYAATW or Love is Blindness even. While the latter was played acoustically, which explains why it couldn't be heard outside, I don't think that same thing would happen to the other two.
So I don't think they were all played, and U2 still remains ignorant of Acrobat. :sad:

I really want them to bring back TTTYAATW....

I was so happy when they were rehearsing it in Turin, 2010....wonder why they never brought it back. Would've been so good. :drool:

have it on my HDD, it's not only a rumor. the verse or the chorus is sung by other people, just like the beautiful day bridge sort of...
not very thrilling to be honest.

i need to see receipts from your HDD purchase to believe your story.

Is it still in the $116 range, ot did it decrease further?

*Thank you Amazon and your pre-order price guarantee policy*

Nope, it was still that price yesterday.

I heard that Tryin' To Throw ... in a few of the IEMs that came out from the Turin rehearsals. It sounds like they were playing the song along with some internet performances of people playing the parts.

... I'm glad they didn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom