Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part IV/Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, I took "beyond the pale" in the context it was used in this thread as negative or at least semi negative. Apparantly I was not the only one. Whether that was the intent or not I'm not sure. It certainly was not being used in a positive fashion despite what was said after the fact. But Niceman has "clarified" sort of. I will leave it at that.

Achtung Baby is my second favorite U2 album. It is a great album. I CAN listen to it all the way through, it is that good to me (there are few albums by any artist, period, that I can do that with an album). However, sometimes I do not listen to the whole thing. When I do not, typically Acrobat is one of the songs I may skip. I think it is decent but not great. Lyrics great, Edge solo great, song as a whole, just OK. Like I said before, I will be very interested as to what the demo sounds like. I actually enjoy the Hansa version of it. I like Edge's guitar riff better on the demo.

BUT, is it remastered?????? :wink:

These aren't the baby versions.

There are about 10 CD's worth from these recordings, all fairly early on in the recording process. It is before many of the album songs existed.

The baby versions will be much more like the finished versions, just fairly unpolished sketches, maybe different lyrics, but very similar on the whole.

These aren't the baby versions.

There are about 10 CD's worth from these recordings, all fairly early on in the recording process. It is before many of the album songs existed.

The baby versions will be much more like the finished versions, just fairly unpolished sketches, maybe different lyrics, but very similar on the whole.

You are probably right, but Where Did It All Go Wrong was released as a B side and it was "almost" identical to what was on the Hansa Bootleg. Salome' isnt a ton different other than having lyrics over what was on the Hansa bootleg either. I think it will be further along in the process like you indicated, but some of the demos are going to sound very similiar to some of the stuff on Hansa, but a tad more polished and some will sound similiar to what ended up on AB except a little less polished or different lyrics. So my "guess" is a little of both will be on the baby CD. I can't wait to hear it either way.

FWIW: just got an email from Amazon telling me the 2-disc was finally available for official pre-order, and every track of the original album is tagged as a remaster.

LOL, the guitar on this version sounds like it could be from Rattle and Hum, and doesn't sound anywhere near as dark or atmospheric as what was on the album.

I guess it's better if you prefer a more generic-sounding U2.

LOL, I guess in this case I do because I do not care for Edge's riff on Achtung Baby. I do not think it works all that well, seems forced to me. I actually like a lot of songs on Rattle and Hum. So maybe that is it. Hawkmoon 269, God Part II and All I Want Is You are 3 of my favorite U2 songs.

I'm glad my musical "opinion" and taste is amusing to you. This post is yet another example of what was discussed earlier.

I guess sometimes its better to say nothing at all if you have nothing positive to say or if you are just belittling someones opinion, especially if it is the generic-sounding Acrobat defense babble. ;)

LOL, the guitar on this version sounds like it could be from Rattle and Hum, and doesn't sound anywhere near as dark or atmospheric as what was on the album.

I guess it's better if you prefer a more generic-sounding U2.

It's really generic. That's how I imagine they'd do it now, with straight chords rather than an actual riff. They really transformed that one. That version seems like it would have been abandoned.

I hate to sound pessimistic, but Amazon probably doesn't even have their hands on this product in their warehouses yet. So it's difficult for me to believe their listings supersede an intentional REMOVAL of the word "remaster" on U2's own website.

I love listening to the demo tapes from Hansa studios on YouTube. It is so interesting to me how this band writes their songs. Just one long jam session with Bono rambling a bunch of crap until he comes up with something amazing. Incredible that that process has worked for them for so long.

I love listening to the demo tapes from Hansa studios on YouTube. It is so interesting to me how this band writes their songs. Just one long jam session with Bono rambling a bunch of crap until he comes up with something amazing. Incredible that that process has worked for them for so long.

It's worked to varying degrees, at least lyrically. Bono has got to be the most inconsistent prominent lyricist in rock music. He can create stunning, thoughtful, beautiful lyrics on one hand (reaching a peak in the 90's), and (more recently) produce some pretty inane stuff. NLOTH has some great stuff lyrically, but some of it is just cringeworthy (going with the overall inconsistency of the entire album). And the lyrics of the "post" NLOTH stuff is even worse.

Bad whispers??

(No confirmation) but Some whispers said that the cds are not remastered & the documentary "from the sky down" would not be included with the Uber Box!

Wait&See

(No confirmation) but Some whispers said that the cds are not remastered & the documentary "from the sky down" would not be included with the Uber Box!

Wait&See

Again? :| When are you going to stop stirring shit by pretending you have "sources".

All sources state that FTSD is included in the Uber box. Plus, the disc can be seen in the photos.
http://achtungbaby.u2.com/
COMPLETE WITH PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SONGS AND "FROM THE SKY DOWN" A NEW DOCUMENTARY BY DAVIS GUGGENHEIM.

And I'm not even going to bother with the remaster shite.

Why do you even try?

We just have to go back and read all your other posts to see you're a liar.

i don't think he's a liar, i just think he has a "source" that really isn't that high on the food chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom