Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part IV/Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh,lol. no, as advanced as my general knowledge of everything under the sun is, i've never heard of this guy.

He's Canadian, which might explain it. :wink:

I've heard of him, but it's my impression that he's one of those artists who's very well-known in Canada and not so much in the US. Which is a shame.

I distinctly remember reading that in Rolling Stone at the very least. I'm sure if you do some Google searching it'll make mention of it somewhere.

LOL...I remember '89-'91 getting all my info on the new U2 album by going to Tower Books every Sunday and scouring through the music magazine section...:) Pre-Internet...how'd we ever survive...:lol:

*edit*...found this on Wikipedia: If I Had a Rocket Launcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow do I miss Tower and just spending forever browsing the entire store. :sad:

You wrote something different, I saw that! :wink:

(don't really mean they're crap per se, bad word. Just..lesser 'stadium-type' songs than Acrobat or Red Hill, imo)

I think he's aiming at the fact that Rejoice hasn't been played since the early 80s. :wink: You're confusing it with Scarlet.

:giggle: Cockburn

Got me thinking that I remember reading in Rolling Stone and another British Music Mag that U2 covered Bruce Cockburn's "If I Had a Rocket Launcher" during that time period (I think in response to the Gulf War). Has it been mentioned in any of these threads? I don't believe there has been any official mention of this cover anywhere either...:hmm:

This is also mentioned in an entry in U2 A Diary. According to that book it was recorded during a session late January 1989. Those sessions also resulted in several other covers: Dancing Barefoot, Fortunate Son, Unchained Melody and Everlasting Love. So "If I Had A Rocket Launcher" is a R&H era cover, not an AB one. The R&H also makes sense as U2 use one of Cockburn's lyrics (Gonna kick the darkness until it bleeds daylight) in God Part II.

Suck...how can the new AB not be remastered?

Stokes1600c10.jpg

The first two parts of this thread seem to have disappeared into the ether. Went back page after page after page and didn't see them. Where in the world are they?

The first two parts of this thread seem to have disappeared into the ether. Went back page after page after page and didn't see them. Where in the world are they?
here you go :)

part 1: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...ed-for-fall-2011-by-rolling-stone-211190.html
part 2: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...all-2011-by-rolling-stone-part-ii-211986.html
part 3: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...a-remaster-reissue-part-iii-three-212141.html

good luck reading them! :lol:

Are they fucking kidding?> The official site confirmed it!!!!

Can I just say GET FUCKED to everyone involved in this deceptive, bullshit, knuckleheaded, low-blow marketing garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom