Achtung Baby vs Joshua Tree and other thoughts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both awesome, i'm a 90s U2 guy so i'd prefer AB. :D

I love Pop and Zooropa too. :drool:

the 1990's was the best decade for music (as i was there and remember it)

first u2 album i got was pop as i was too young to know who they were before then

AB is amazing - the sound is immense

I love JT as well but AB is rockier and i prefer rockier stuff

I once heard Edge say not too far back that Achtung Baby is the best U2 album musically and sonically and that Joshua Tree had the best lyrics. I would have to agree with this. If they were able to magically combine the 2 ideals in the next album it would be the best ever....One can hope :)

I pic Achtung Baby but both for me are the best albums where all four member shine through the most. Achtung Baby Is the most personal and at the time U2 were the coolest Mofo's on the face of the planet. Everything was just so cool about that album.

Look, both are great

But Achtung has the feeling that says "this is why we're the band y'all love!" (at least, that's how I feel)

and that's it.....

Achtung Baby has always been my favorite album so far,but I actually have really started to get into Joshua Tree.Ive always preferred 90's U2 over 80's U2,but 80's U2 is cool too.

I don't really get the whole "U2 were the BADDEST motherfuckers in town during the early nineties!" thing. U2 weren't grunge or gangster rap, and I'm pretty sure people were already looking at them as being geriatric fuckers during the nineties.

I don't really get the whole "U2 were the BADDEST motherfuckers in town during the early nineties!" thing. U2 weren't grunge or gangster rap, and I'm pretty sure people were already looking at them as being geriatric fuckers during the nineties.

I love them both, I feel that they're both flawless, but for personal reasons I'll always go with AB. Also, though I too believe that U2 were the coolest thing on the planet 91-93, I was definitely in a minority, plenty would have described them in a similar way to what the sad punk just mentioned.

I'm with the ones who like both equally. They're simply different. I have come to the point where, if I really like two (or more) different things, I don't like to elevate one above the other. The other album that I like as well as these two is Boy - I think they had the most verve on that one, but I understand that their songwriting had not reached the level of sophistication of the other two.

the 1990's was the best decade for music (as i was there and remember it)

first u2 album i got was pop as i was too young to know who they were before then

AB is amazing - the sound is immense

I love JT as well but AB is rockier and i prefer rockier stuff

Ha! You just say that cause Oasis is from the 90's :D

But I do agree with you... :wink:

Hopefully in a few years we're seeing a lot of threads asking "Joshua Tree vs. Achtung Baby vs. No Line On The Horizon, which one was U2's biggest masterpiece?"

Hopefully in a few years we're seeing a lot of threads asking "Joshua Tree vs. Achtung Baby vs. No Line On The Horizon, which one was U2's biggest masterpiece?"

It's definitely not unlikely. :D

I have a feeling it might actually happen.

I think Joshua Tree tops Achtung Baby (my 2nd fave album), because these are just grand, totally amazing, almost holy, hymn-like songs that don't need any embellishment or image change to go along with them. Plus, it contains my fave U2 song of all time, Running To Stand Still.

Back
Top Bottom