achtung baby video remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysways

Babyface
I hope i am in the right forum to post this.

I have been reading about rumors that the achtung baby album will get the remaster treatment and will be seeing a release in about a year or so. I wanted to know, is there any news if they are going to also do a remastered version of "achtung baby: the video, cameous, and whole lot of interference from zoo tv"?

if they did, it would be awesome if they included, as bonus features, never before seen live performance of select songs, like say mysterious ways from tacoma, washington, considering that they included part of this performance in the video anyways.

is there any way that we can start a petition for this? What other bonus features would you like if they released achtung baby on dvd or blu ray?

I'd love to see that Achtung Baby video, always wanted to get it on video but never got round to it so may as well wait and see if it gets put on an Achtung Baby re-release like The Unforgettable Fire Video Collection did.

I think they'll almost definitely stick a couple of live performances on there given the entire Zoo TV tour was filmed obviously, and you can't put out an Achtung Baby dvd without a mention of the audio-visual MONSTER of a tour that accompanied it! :drool:

we've had these kind of threads before, however, where people make a number of very unrealistic demands such as two whole concerts on dvd and 20 unreleased songs and The Edge personally delivering the 3-disc deluxe edition to your door :wink:

I have a tape to tape copy, from the library, but never actually bought it. If they did a remastered DVD release, I'd definitely buy it. :up:

I doubt that it'll be remastered, since most of it is already available on other DVDs. Many of the videos are also on The Best Of 1990-2000 DVD and the documentary is an Easter egg on the 2DVD version of Zoo TV Live From Sydney.

i heard on the cfny radio in toronto last night that they are "putting the finishing touches on an achtung baby box set" but that was all that was said. it was news to me, hopefully it will be loaded with everything since that is the best album of all time, yes even better that the white album and led zeppelin iv!

I doubt that it'll be remastered, since most of it is already available on other DVDs. Many of the videos are also on The Best Of 1990-2000 DVD and the documentary is an Easter egg on the 2DVD version of Zoo TV Live From Sydney.

yeah, you got a point there. i totally forgot about the documentary that was included on the LE of zoo tv live from sydney.

however, i still think they should remaster acthung baby, but, just as they did with zoo tv from sydney where they included bonus tracks of live performances from different venues, they should put together a whole concert's worth of songs, only that each song performance is from a different venue. in other words, they make like a "zoo tv of live performances"...where they put together never before seen live performances of each song, and they should put "interference" to mark the transition between the songs.

my personal choice for mysterious ways would be his performance from April 20, 1992 at tacoma, wash., which is the performance that I believe was included on the achtung baby video...it was an awesome live performance of that song.

any thoughts or ideas of how to "remake" or remaster achtung baby?

how can I begin a petition? would anybody be interested in helping me out?

Thanks

I think it will be on the dvd. We also got the Slane docu twice. But... On the video it's not only the documentary... It includes the fantastic video of Until the end of the world and another version of Even better than the real thing. I think these video are not available on dvd and they should!!!

im not saying this is realistic, but i want it to have everything. The achtung baby video u are talking about, a bunch of unreleased song, hours and hours of zoo tv tour footage, a t shirt, the little achtung baby model trabant, zoo tv dollars. and they can charge 200 dollars and ill still buy it haha

For me, Achtung Baby was sort of perfect the way it was -- I like the production and mixing. Fat bass, slappy drums, cool guitar. I hope the remaster will be faithful.

It's kind of an interesting idea to actually re-mix an old album and re-issue it. This was done by Columbia records to Bob Dylan's 1978 LP Street Legal, which was not very well received upon its release, buried as it was in a swamp of female backing vocals, horns, and keyboards. 8 or 10 years ago they released a radical re-mix of it, which (for me) drastically improved it, with less syrupy stuff and more guitar and drums. Completely changed the sound of the album.

I could see U2 doing that with Pop, actually...

But anyway, yeah, I like reissues when it's just a nice CD -- regular size, regular looking -- but has better quality music, new sleeve notes, some new info, etc. I'm not really one for the 4-disc / multi-media / enormo-extravaganza package.

I think the Joshua Tree project was good because you could buy it any way -- weren't there three purchasable formats?

I think the that film would look quite dated now.. I'd prefer a film of one of the earlier indoor Zoo TV shows (Stockholm?)... plus what would they do with Bono's comment, "I know how it feels to be Gary Glitter.. and I like how it feels" (or something like that).... that would have to go !

I don't know what will be on it, but this will be the one U2 remaster I will go out of my way to buy the first day it comes out. My all-time favorite album needs a little love for stuff like that after all!

As for stuff to put on it, I suppose a live performance DVD would be a nice surprise. Maybe the Washington DC ZooTV show or something like that. The little-seen videos like UTEOTW or Love is Blindness would be nice too, along with some behind-the-scene footage. As for the music itself, I guess the b-sides would be a good addition in one form or another. Guess we'll see.

It's kind of an interesting idea to actually re-mix an old album and re-issue it. This was done by Columbia records to Bob Dylan's 1978 LP Street Legal, which was not very well received upon its release, buried as it was in a swamp of female backing vocals, horns, and keyboards. 8 or 10 years ago they released a radical re-mix of it, which (for me) drastically improved it, with less syrupy stuff and more guitar and drums. Completely changed the sound of the album.
i know what you mean. another band i like remastered and remixed two of its albums. in some ways the new versions are drastically better, though for some what i liked about the original was gone.

though i hope if u2 did that for any of their albums, it would be nice if they would include one disc of it just plain remastered, and another of it remixed as well.

Back
Top Bottom