Achtung Baby remaster underway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This had better include a ton of the b-sides and outtakes, it would be so great to get them all in an official release. That and I hope for a super-deluxe release with ZooTV footage we haven't seen!

This had better include a ton of the b-sides and outtakes, it would be so great to get them all in an official release. That and I hope for a super-deluxe release with ZooTV footage we haven't seen!

They should just say fuck it and release the entire axtung beibi outtakes set with the box set. And Dublin or Stockholm '93 for a dvd. And I could do with a making off One, the drag version. Heh, should be fun.
Plus a miniature U2 trabant pretty please?

And to top it all up. A live version of Acrobat from outside of Bono's house in the South of France. Waves and gull noises included!

He also tweeted this

Any suggestions for witty opening salvos to drop on U2 crew when I barge in on Achtung Baby remastering session?

That said...exactly who is doing the remastering in LA when the band - and their crew - are on tour in Europe ?

That said...exactly who is doing the remastering in LA when the band - and their crew - are on tour in Europe ?

Good question, I suppose Danny is still recovering from that nast accident? I wonder what this means though? Possibly a follow-up to the last tweet about Black Dub news coming up.
!!!!!
about 14 hours ago via Facebook
Retweeted by 8 people

Source: Twitter / Daniel Lanois: !!!!!

Who did the previous remasters? I can't say I've been very interested in any of them really. Edge supervised the process, I guess but who was with him?

The mastering process is usually done by someone outside the band's stable of tech people, no? There are guys who specialize just in this part of the recording process.

Bernie Grundman, the one mentioned in that tweet, was part of the JT remaster team.

They should just say fuck it and release the entire axtung beibi outtakes set with the box set. And Dublin or Stockholm '93 for a dvd. And I could do with a making off One, the drag version. Heh, should be fun.
Plus a miniature U2 trabant pretty please?

And to top it all up. A live version of Acrobat from outside of Bono's house in the South of France. Waves and gull noises included!

:drool: x 1,000,000

Guesses on release date?

It would make sense to release it next year, but I would have thought they would wait till the Christmas season, seems early to be working on it for that date... :hmm:

Guesses on release date?

It would make sense to release it next year, but I would have thought they would wait till the Christmas season, seems early to be working on it for that date... :hmm:

Possibly on time for Christmas next year? If they released this on the anniversary date, it would be perfect timing for the holiday season.

I have been waiting for all my life for this!:hyper::hyper::hyper: I want the biggest set available. This will probably be the best remaster of them all, IMO of course. I'm extremely curios as to what will be on Disc 2. I know some outtakes and remixes will be part of that and maybe some live material. Does anyone think we could get a documentary?

Who is this guy again? :scratch: Right now, this seems just as doubtful as that guy claiming that U2 re-recorded All I Want is You and Grace before, it could be fake for all we know. The only thing that seems to indicate this to be truth is the anniversary next year.

John Vanderslice is a decent singer-songwriter type. I have one of his albums, Pixel Revolt.

I don't think there's anything weird about it. Sounds like he's just working next door to whoever is doing remastering.

Sounds much more legit than someone saying "ZOMG I'm working with U2."

Possibly on time for Christmas next year? If they released this on the anniversary date, it would be perfect timing for the holiday season.

That's what I've been think all along, but it just seems early, but maybe that's just due to scheduling :shrug:

I have been waiting for all my life for this!:hyper::hyper::hyper: I want the biggest set available. This will probably be the best remaster of them all, IMO of course. I'm extremely curios as to what will be on Disc 2. I know some outtakes and remixes will be part of that and maybe some live material. Does anyone think we could get a documentary?

:drool: Achtung Baby bonus disk… :drool: Box set… :drool:

:faint:

Back
Top Bottom