Achtung Baby - definitive outtakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, it's time for me to delve into the Achtung Baby outtakes. Haven't for years.. need your help, folks.

what are the top ten tracks? I'd like to make myself a lil compilation. I know there are bootlegs of varying size floating around, but if you were to cull together the best from these, what would you include?

from what I've heard, this is my favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppI0S_776oQ

edit:
this too
YouTube - U2 - Take You Down (Demo)

I think the official unofficial name for this song is "Sick For Love"

OMG...this the kind of album U2 should make!!!! I LOVE this song...total ROCKER...U2 should make an album full of songs like this...wow!!!:love:

:up:
sounds like this became All Because of You

ok, so far I have:

1. Blow Your House Down #2
2. Back Mask
3. Sick for Love

and I'll add

4. Sweet Baby Jane

YouTube - U2 "SWEET BABY JANE" from THE COMPLETE HANSA TON RECORDINGS BERLIN 1991 (audio only)

There was a bootleg back in the day called "The Unreleased Album" that compiled the highlights of the AB outtakes. I don't recall the exact tracklisting, but you could probably find it somewhere. I'm pretty sure "Heaven and Hell" was on there.

My Top Ten would go like this in no order:

Back Mask (the 8:30 version)
-This is my favorite version because of the section in the middle (3:00-4:05) with some of Bono's best lyrics of the time.

Take You Down
-Generally the fan favorite of the demos.

She's Gonna Blow Your House Down (the 2nd take which is the one in the Youtube video)

Someone
-A minute of awesome.

I Feel Free (the 4:30 version)
-I prefer this one to the longer version for the vocal effect at the beginning.
YouTube - U2 "I FEEL FREE" (version 2) from THE COMPLETE HANSA TON RECORDINGS BERLIN 1991 (audio only)

Doctor Doctor
YouTube - U2 "DOCTOR DOCTOR" from THE COMPLETE HANSA TON RECORDINGS BERLIN 1991 (audio only)

Heaven & Hell
YouTube - U2 "HEAVEN AND HELL" from THE COMPLETE HANSA TON RECORDINGS BERLIN 1991 (audio only)

Even Better Than The Real Thing (Instrumental)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruho0VrJrb4&feature=related

The "Wild Horses" trilogy
YouTube - U2 "MORNING CHILD - DON'T TURN AROUND" (version 1) from THE COMPLETE HANSA TON ... (audio only)
YouTube - U2 "MORNING CHILD - DON'T TURN AROUND" (version 2) from THE COMPLETE HANSA TON ... (audio only)
YouTube - U2 "MORNING CHILD - DON'T TURN AROUND" (version 3) from THE COMPLETE HANSA TON ... (audio only)

My favorite is Chances Away. That one is chilling. :drool:

Also, really like the EBTTRT Instrumental

Ok, it's time for me to delve into the Achtung Baby outtakes. Haven't for years.. need your help, folks.

what are the top ten tracks? I'd like to make myself a lil compilation. I know there are bootlegs of varying size floating around, but if you were to cull together the best from these, what would you include?

from what I've heard, this is my favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppI0S_776oQ

edit:
this too
YouTube - U2 - Take You Down (Demo)

My favorite also. :drool: So many good songs from the outtakes that could have had potential to be on AB (Blow Your House Down #2 is another great one).

The only one of these that I have is "Doctor Doctor," which I found by accident on an illegal filesharing site years ago. Pretty good stuff. :yes:

OMG...this the kind of album U2 should make!!!! I LOVE this song...total ROCKER...U2 should make an album full of songs like this...wow!!!:love:

Used to listen to this song over and over way back. Got such rawness, a band at the height of its powers. Shame it never made any album and don't give me the crap that this evolved into All Because Of You cos this is on a different planet.

My favorite is Take Today/Walk On By (whatever you want to call it)

It's the song that later became North and South of the River, but I like the Demo better.

I sent the video to someone in Ireland and they gave it Bono. She sent me a photo of the exchange.

You gave Bono a video you made of a song that is illegally out there, one he never wanted out in the public, full of illegally lifted footage from other videos?

Interesting...:hmm:

Thanks for posting these folks, haven't listened to them in ages! Throw us a bone on the remaster and post some finished versions of these. :) :drool:

I edited some of the outtakes ages ago... I think I did a couple of versions of She's Gonna Blow Your House Down, Jitterbug Baby, and Take You Down. Maybe I should go dig them up....

goat

You gave Bono a video you made of a song that is illegally out there, one he never wanted out in the public, full of illegally lifted footage from other videos?

Interesting...:hmm:

Yes. I thought he would find it interesting. I dubbed it here into PAL and everything.

Back
Top Bottom