Achtung Baby 30th Anniversary Releases & Promo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My only take from this entire AB 30th Anniversary is that I still have the white Zoo TV concert shirt with the group on the front and Bono on the back and actually wore it several times this year. But, alas its "sold out" at their website. Plus, of course, I can't believe it's been 30 fucking years.

I have the white one with the smudgy colored television sets and the band outline, and the satellite logo and tour dates on the back.

Unfortunately, like most of the shirts I bought in the 90s, it's a L or XL that I won't wear in public, just like my blue Popmart one with the lemon logo.

So in the last 5 or so years I've been buying ones on eBay that are smaller and fit better. I found one from the JT tour with dates, a varsity gray one from the TUF tour, a few from ZooTV/Achtung, including the black one with the Trabant graffiti and the "A secret is something you tell one other person" on the front.

None of these cost me more than $25.

Oh yeah, my Zoo TV shirt is snug and I only wear it around the house. Lol! It's comfy as Hell, but you can barely make out anyone besides Bono on the front.

Unfortunately, like most of the shirts I bought in the 90s, it's a L or XL that I won't wear in public, just like my blue Popmart one with the lemon logo.

None of these cost me more than $25.

Any particular reason you won't wear those ones in public?

Actually amazed you were able to get them so cheaply. Any that I ever see that old are routinely over at least $50 and usually much higher.

boy-wearing-dads-clothes-picture-id172724938

Never seen a record packaged like this, 3 covers inside each other.
Mine has the new red design on the outside, the Adam cover which is a slipcase inside and the original cover inside the Adam cover, easy to take out but a nightmare to get the Adam cover back inside the red cover.

This is good but could have been better, the packaging is too tight, too much crammed in to flimsy sleeves, including the booklet and the poster. would have preferred a gatefold 33rpm with the B sides as an extra disc.
8.5/10 from me, I have no. 2098

Just opened the standard edition. It's nice but not $50-nice. And yea, it should've definitely been a gatefold.

The Cannibal print on the other hand, I love.

Back
Top Bottom