ABC NEWS: Bono injured in rehearsal, undergoes emergency back surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a Beiber fan :shrug:
If you are not :lmao: with me!!

BERLIN -Teen idol Justin Bieber walked smack into the glass of an automatic revolving door when trying to exit a German hotel, sending his fans into a blogging frenzy.
"Ouch! I just walked into that door ... my forehead hurts ... I walked right into the window," Bieber told a local broadcast team that captured the incident on camera as he was exiting the Radisson Blu hotel in Frankfurt.
Bieber can be seen in the video trying to push the automatic door, then turning to walk out, but instead smacking his forehead against the glass.

YouTube - Justin Bieber Crashes Into A Door! Ouch, Poor Justin!

***@ least it brought a :giggle: to my otherwise :( for Bono day

I basically just choked on my drink. Thanks a bunch.

My daughter broke her leg recently. She was in pain and in a bad mood for the first few days, and wanted to listen to U2. I thought maybe she'd want to listen to something uplifting and inspiring, so I suggested Walk On. She looked at me with this expression > :| and then I realized the significance. Oops.

I :heart: you.

I can't understand why people are assuming the tour will now be cancelled. It's very hasty to be reaching those sorts of conclusions. Bono has only just turned 50 after all.

I can't understand why people are assuming the tour will now be cancelled. It's very hasty to be reaching those sorts of conclusions. Bono has only just turned 50 after all.

Is anyone assuming that...?

I don't think it's unrealistic to sort of mentally prepare for the possibility of the entire next leg being delayed though. But all we can do is wait for more information.

I think it's more the back surgery than the age. If he was 25 and had back surgery so close to the start of a tour the same thoughts would come up.

My dad's been going through some serious back problems these past few months, so I can only sympathize with whatever Bono's going through right now. We can only imagine what type of injury it is, but like somebody said, messing around with your back isn't any walk in the park. Hope he feels better soon.

I feel bad for the fans that were going to go to Salt Lake City, but at least they're looking at postponing the show(s) and not canceling them outright. However long it takes for him to get healthy again anyway.

Was looking forward to the Glastonbury gig but thats looking doubtful now. Just a thought that its really weird after all these years they were going to play Glastonbury and this happens which may prevent them again from appearing. Could it be that the Glastonbury thing is just never meant to happen!

But really did you just hug him too hard when you met him or something? :wink:
I'm going to be really honest here. As much as I love Bono....he is quite smushy.

What I mean is....he's not like a rock solid dude. I'm sure giving Larry a hug (which I haven't) has more substance than the B-man.

Just sayin'

is Bono Ok? :sad:

No i dont suppose Bono is ok, i suppose Bono is in a hospital bed now in pain after having an op on his back, i suppose the only thing he cares about now and rightly so is himself and his wife and kids,

the back is litreally the worse place in the world you could need an op, it can stop you from moving,

maybe just maybe U2 fans should actually show they are fans. rather than take the piss.

I know everyone else in the band will, but I hope he, himself, will put his health first and the tour 3rd, 4th or 5th. I'd so much rather have him healthy than any more 360 tour dates.

Get better soon, Bono. We love you.
:sad:

I really would rather they cancel the tour than have him up there before he should be.

There is so much I want to type.....and a lot that I should just keep to myself.

I'm definitely not selfish right now about my tickets and the tour. I can handle refunds and all that stuff. I want him better and back on his feet, considering I just saw him a few weeks ago. The entire U2 nation can wait until he's 100%

I worry about pharmaceutical drugs and their power. I know, it's stupid....but I'd be devastated if something bad with pharmies were to happen over time. I know my boy is stronger than that......but I can't help but worry.

I would love to know what the F*ck he was doing. Was this in rehearsal? Was he swinging on the UV microphone and slipped? Did someone not put a sign up when they mopped the floor?

I hope his band mates and the entire U2 nation rally for him. He doesn't have to run around the ellipse in order for me to see them play again.

Gosh....I'm pretty wrecked about this.

:ohmy: I just got home and discovered this news. Poor Bono!!!:sad:

However, I agree with these above statements. Bono needs to put his needs and health first at this time so he can heal and recuperate quickly. Please get better soon!!!
My thoughts and prayers go to Bono, his family, and his friends during this timel! :pray:
However, please, please, please do not rush back into the tour until your 100% better. As U2Brother pointed out, the entire U2 nation can wait...:hug:

I'm really worried right now and I hope Bono will get well soon. And his health is the most important thing right now, I hope they don't put him on stage again too early.

We all need to pray/send those positive vibes out to him, just like he has done for so many people in the world.
Whatever happens, happens. I am concerned also, but God is in control. I bet Ali and his family are a calming precense right now too. I am praying for all of them and entire U2 family...

Guys lets not take it to far, its a normal op for the people who carried it out, its not life threatining, but for once lets have interference show a bit of love across the board, this is one painful op, bono is my fav lead singer so no matter how strange it sounds i worry, NEVER rush back Bono, but know your thousands of fans are waiting when your fit and well, because thats what U2 fans are like, a familily x

Damnit, this is probably the worst possible news you can get after logging in the morning. :sad:

I hope they can have a jet pack wheelchair especially for Bono. Poor guy.

It is bad news, selfishly I was so looking forward to the best summer ever. Hopefully Bono will recover quickly and he can do what the does best for us! :pray:

:sad: I wish Bono all the best! my thoughts and prayers are with him..I hope he gets better soon!

Don't worry about the tour Bono we the fans understand and your health is soooooo much more important then any tour! :)

I played Miracle Drug just for Bono. :heart::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom