a U2 concert getting picked up by seismic moniters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I once heard a story about U2 playing a concert (in Europe I think) and the sound was so loud it got picked up on Seismic moniters...any truth to this?

This was probably the Rome 1987 show, it also happened in Brussels in 1984, on both occaisions Adam was blamed!

I've heard that about a TUF show... now that cmcmc mentions it, I think it was Brussels.

Regardless, I'll be disappointed if Soldier Field is in one piece by the end of night two.

:lol: :lol:

I don't know why but I find this very funny. I hope the 360 Tour will be picked up on these monitors :giggle:

That show also holds the world record for most people to come to a show without a support act. More than 150,000 people showed up that night.

Not to nitpick, but the record is for a paid concert. The Rolling Stones technically own the record for most people at a show without a support act (live in Rio de Janeiro, 2+ million in attendance, 2006), but that was a free show on the beach in Brasil, so of course they were gonna get a huge turnout :wink:

Not to nitpick, but the record is for a paid concert. The Rolling Stones technically own the record for most people at a show without a support act (live in Rio de Janeiro, 2+ million in attendance, 2006), but that was a free show on the beach in Brasil, so of course they were gonna get a huge turnout :wink:

That show was like 3 days before the first Vertigo Tour show in Brazil, and both shows were broadcasted. The difference between the audiences was really huge, there was people in the Rolling Stones show that wasn't even looking at Mick Jagger... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom