A Sort Of Homecoming TUF Daniel Lanois remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, was this an alternate mix from back in the day, or a more recent reworking? It is definitely fun to hear the new version.

Is this part of whats supposed to be on the u2.com gift cd for renewal?

I will say that when I listened to it again when I was posting that youtube link the drums sound waaayyy better than the album version - I hope this bodes well for the album version's remaster.

I think you'll be right...I really really loved the mix (finally!) on JT when it was remastered...hopefully this will be more of the same!

The original is thousand times better. Lanois rmx is fun to listen to though.

Really, really liking this. The rhythm section sounds great...the drums and that awesome bass line are more crisp and clear. Good shit.

if nothing else, comparing this to the original is the perfect way to decipher the difference between Lanois and Eno's styles

:lol: i'm the same. i only discovered disappearing act last night. apparently there had been a small clip of it that was posted back in august.

I just listened to it today because someone suggested they play it on the tour and I was like wtfsongisthat? :reject:

I just listened to it today because someone suggested they play it on the tour and I was like wtfsongisthat? :reject:

That is surprising, there was quite a long thread when that clip surfaced. But, it's OK, you got to hear the whole thing for the first time.

Really, really liking this. The rhythm section sounds great...the drums and that awesome bass line are more crisp and clear. Good shit.

very very spot on....i feel this way about all of the trax I have heard from the new bonus disk...such a great feel to these sessions...I even admire the wire remixes...

That is surprising, there was quite a long thread when that clip surfaced. But, it's OK, you got to hear the whole thing for the first time.

Yeah I've seen the thread but never opened it. I cant open every thread here or I'll lose my mind. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom