90s Deluxe/Remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah if you're not an audiophile you're most likely not going notice a bit of a difference at all. And it doesn't really matter either, I guess, as long as you're enjoying the music.:D I have to have the best quality around and can tell if something isn't right.

I really like when they do the expanded liner notes. I love the Beatles remasters with the great pictures and historical/recording notes. I think all albums should have that to begin with anyway. They even have short little documentaries on the discs that you can watch on the comp.

I'd like to see Original Soundtracks 1 at least made available for digital download so I can get "Your Blue Room".

I can't understand how people enjoy 128 kbps music. It sounds horrible to me. Maybe it's because they've already got bad speakers or head phones... I dunno. If you're using something crappy like the ear buds that come with the iPod then everything will sound bad. To me 128 just sounds so tinny to the point where when I play it loud it hurts and grates on my ears. So many people I know who tell me they're huge music fans don't even know what kbps means. I don't understand why a music fan would be willing to settle for poor quality music.

Yes, I am indeed not a true music fan. You caught me.

Or, maybe some of us just have less sensitive ears, and sound quality doesn't make as big a difference?

Although ever since this was brought up to me all I can notice now is the volume difference on all of my different tracks. Not necessarily quality, but it's really annoying, so I might just be an audiowhore and get some uniformity and classy music fan quality music.

I can't understand how people enjoy 128 kbps music. It sounds horrible to me. Maybe it's because they've already got bad speakers or head phones... I dunno. If you're using something crappy like the ear buds that come with the iPod then everything will sound bad. To me 128 just sounds so tinny to the point where when I play it loud it hurts and grates on my ears. So many people I know who tell me they're huge music fans don't even know what kbps means. I don't understand why a music fan would be willing to settle for poor quality music.

You should just try and be happy and non-judgemental for one day, you'll notice it makes a world of difference in your life...

I'd like to see Original Soundtracks 1 at least made available for digital download so I can get "Your Blue Room".
Or you could, shockingly outdated I know, buy the cd?

You should just try and be happy and non-judgemental for one day, you'll notice it makes a world of difference in your life...

That'd be the day of the apocalypse then..

Rattle and Hum [NOV. 2011)
remastered tracks (disk 1)
b-sides, probably a remix or two and hopefully 2 demos and 1 "finished" track (disk 2)

Achtung Baby! [NOV. 2011]
couple b-sides/remixes, hopefully 4 or 5 demos and 2 "finished" tracks (disk 2)
Indoor ZooTV show, before Zooropa was released (disk 3)

Zooropa [Summer 2012]
B-sides, remixes, 1 or 2 demos and 1 "finished" track (disk 2)

Passengers OS1 [Summer 2012]
B-sides, remixes, and demos (disk 2)

PoP [Summer 2012]
B-sides, few remixes, couple demos (disk 3)

Best of 2000-2010 [November 2012]
Just for good measure :sexywink:

Or you could, shockingly outdated I know, buy the cd?

Passengers is OOP & I don't really trust used unless it's through Amazon's warehouse deals. And they will never have it. I'm also not that big a fan of the whole album, except for a few songs.

I imagine most people selling Passengers used on Amazon probably listened to it once and never again.

They're probably in fine condition.

Releasing Zooropa, Passengers, and Pop at the same time would actually be a really good idea. I don't think they'd actually do a remaster of Passengers, though...

I don't know why it would seem so weird to give Passengers a remaster.:shrug: I don't consider it a part of U2's discography but I think it deserves to go along with the rest of U2's remasters. It would be nice to have Passengers in that deluxe format along with everything else. And who knows what could be on disc two? I don't think there would be too much for a bonus disc but you'll never know! I bought Passengers off eBay and it is just fine. Then again I managed to get it brand new but for around $5.00/how ever much that is in Euros/other money. Gosh I just want all the 90s stuff remastered! Disc two :drool::drool::drool:

Because no one bought it the first time around :shrug:
true but back in 1995, before the internet, it's not like the average casual fan knew it existed. it got released under a different name and island hardly did any promotion for it.

i still think they'd probably remaster it, other bands i like have remastered (or announced an upcoming one) for albums that surely sold less than passengers did. it'd be neat to hear stuff that didn't make the album, although i hope the bonus disc wouldn't be full of miss sarajevo remixes or something.

if you don't consider Passengers a part of U2's discography, you should really start. i rank it U2's 4th best album behind AB, Zooropa, and Pop.

if you don't consider Passengers a part of U2's discography, you should really start. i rank it U2's 4th best album behind AB, Zooropa, and Pop.

Well I don't consider it part of U2's discography as it's not a U2 album. That doesn't take away anything off the quality of the album though, it's still pretty good. Just.. different I guess.

Back
Top Bottom