6 Degrees of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was a baby, my mother was walking me while I was in the baby carriage and the wheel came off when she went down the curb. A man came over and fixed the wheel, he later asked to hold me, he later changed his name from Cassius Clay to Mohammad Ali. I believe Bono has met him who I have met too. Does that count?

After digging a little bit, I discovered the band again cos I'd forgotten what they were called - Cactus World News. My aunt dated the frontman (apparentely a bit of a dead ringer for Elvis Costello!). It was called 'The Bridge', released in 1985 and was produced by Bono and Jon Kelly.

Cactus World News!!!! I love CWN!!!! I won't hear a bad word about CWN. Their first album was great!!! and I've got that Mother release of the Bridge, which, surprise surprise, is better than the version on the album.

I know "Bono does good production shock"! :ohmy:

I remember CWN -- I'm sure I had either the Mother release of The Bridge or Urban Beaches, but something must have happened to it, because I sure can't find it now. :( CWN's guitarist, Frank Kearns, now owns his own recording studio -- Salt Recording Studio. Kearns and Kilbey worked on a project together call Coral Kingdom, but it never actually got finished. There used to be a couple of recordings from it on the Salt Studio website, but they aren't there anymore. (so another connection.... :) )

However, I think Indra wins so far......

Yeah, I think Patti Smith, Tom Verlaine, and Steve Kilbey easily >>> Pope JP II. :D

P.S. good for you Indra: Kilbey of The Church! What a band!

Thanks! They are quite a band. You should come visit the Church thread in Just the Bang & Clatter section. :D

well I think I talked to Edge's cousin or neice twice. I also go to the guitar store Edge goes to sometimes in NYC and I'm a little familiar with the owner who knows them, and I talk to the other guys at the store who I'm pretty sure have met the guys on a couple of ocassions. Hopefully these count as degrees of seperation :hmm: Does Bono kissing my hand or seeing Paul McGuinness also count? :shrug:

Hubby's friend drove the band around in Hawaii back in the 80s.

I have a picture with Bono and my daughter, Maddy.
Wait, I have a picture of her ON STAGE with the band in Hawaii :sexywink:

And Bono shook my hand, but of course there's no proof :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom