30 remarkable years: Why McGuinness has been good for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll refrain from my normal comments since he gave big props to Zooropa, and didn't mention Pop when they asked him about the band's biggest mistake.

Interesting interview.
Always liked McG, but I guess we won't see SoA so soon.

so the man is not the money obsessed freak even U2 fans make him out to be :ohmy:

good interview :up:

but OMG!!11 i hait him cuz da band is popular!!11 i wish u2 were indie but im pissed cuz GOYB didnt do better on da radio!!!11

Great interview, thanks for posting.

I've never gotten the whole McGuinness bashing. A manager's whole raison d'etre is to make money for the band, to make them successful, while allowing the band to follow their artistic vision, and as far as I can see, he's achieved that in spades.

Also, I think their 30+ year relationship is a testament to the type of person he must be. I know that some will disagree with me, but I strongly feel that in general, relative to the industry they're in, U2 have integrity, and it seems that the same integrity is required of anyone in their organization. Sure, there have been some minor screw-ups in their career along the way, and it sounds like he'd be the first to acknowledge that. But overall, I think he's a credit to the band.

Back
Top Bottom