2nd Favorite Band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 will were my first true music love, and a not insignificant part of the person I am today. They will always be my #1, but they haven't been my favourite band of the here and now for probably eight or nine years, if that makes sense.

Hmm......

1.U2
2.Red Hot Chili Peppers
3.Rolling Stones
4.Manic Street Preachers
5.Guns N Roses

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

im stop having solid "favorite" or "2nd favorite" but if i consider U2 as my favorite, then........I guess 2nd favorite is Soundgarden

U2 will were my first true music love, and a not insignificant part of the person I am today. They will always be my #1, but they haven't been my favourite band of the here and now for probably eight or nine years, if that makes sense.

Same here, I know exactly what you mean.

My number 1 band will always be U2, but my number 2 shifts constantly. Sometimes it'll be Van Halen, Rush, Metallica, Weezer, Kanye, Soundgarden, etc. The only constant is my love for U2

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2 comes first for me by a huge margin. After that I have a decent top 10 favourites which rotate:

The Cure
Bruce Springsteen
James
Manic Street Preachers
Switchfoot
The Sheila Divine
Enation
Placebo
Muse
The Smashing Pumpkins

I have a 3 hour round trip commute every day and have over 10,000 songs on my iPod to pass the time. But I always return to those bands quite regularly.

Thinking about Coldplay getting shit on for no real reason (besides funny) actually got me thinking of this thread... I was watching U2 halftime show and felt the way I did then, now... which is amazing...

Coldplay I always said was really rainy not as good U2... but they have some okay songs. I think the band are gentle human beings and seem to understand a lot of people hate them. But man, that is someone's favorite band. Someone's U2.

Anyway -- I hate it when a band is just an easy Target...

I don't like Beyonce, but I know plenty of people do. to each his own right.

You might be surprised to learn people don't like U2 including people on this board.

I used to like Coldplay back in the early 2000s or whenever they were "new"

They were pretty good then but im not sure what happened after that, new bands got my interest or something, or perhaps, there's only room enough for one Bono in my life.

I suspect they are okay dudes who occasionally put out decent music, but they will likely never give me an erection.

That people like them or don't is of no consequence to me, same with u2. I can tune out with the best of them.

Blur - so many fucking great songs and awesome live (they're the only band I'd fly to another continent just to see, and I have). Honorable mentions to Radiohead and Depeche Mode.

DM was in rotation for a while, actually so was Duran Duran, obviously PJ, REM, and so many others. Radiohead in 2003, Green Day and Killers in 04, Chili Peppers whenever they put out an album, etc. Currently Bowie is there and will likely stay there for a long time.

'2nd Favorite Band' would be a decent band name. If they were good enough, I might even like them as much as U2.

Sent from my fingertips.

Fuck after watching Rage Against the Machine live at Finsbury Park they might be my number 2 right now

Back
Top Bottom