2022 subscriber gift: Achtung Baby 30 Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot about this it's been so long but my CD arrived the other day and it reminded me to go get the digital downloads.

I'll say this is definitely one of the best subscriber gifts they have offered.

Highlights:

Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Wild Horses
The Fly
Trying to throw Your Arms Around The World

The only miss here is Until the End of the world. They have played this song great countless times and the performance they chose wasn't it.

Overall it was a great offer.

Forgot about this it's been so long but my CD arrived the other day and it reminded me to go get the digital downloads.

I'll say this is definitely one of the best subscriber gifts they have offered.

Highlights:

Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Wild Horses
The Fly
Trying to throw Your Arms Around The World

The only miss here is Until the End of the world. They have played this song great countless times and the performance they chose wasn't it.

Overall it was a great offer.

It's a really nice set - I'm kind of bummed they chose a version of One without the "hear us coming" bit at the end, though. I know it hasn't been a mainstay since... Elevation? But it was a key bit of the song in its day.

Any thoughts on this year’s gift?

Dream would be either a live show we’ve never heard or some sort of “innocence to experience” set with demos and sketches from the two albums.

Reality: re-release of under the Brooklyn bridge Ep on cassette.

Full shows that we haven’t already heard! What about the Sellafield show? Brooklyn Bridge? Anything they’ve pulled tracks from before…they must have been recorded.

So my membership renewal is coming up and they’re *still* listing the Achtung Baby 30 Live, which I just received LAST WEEK, as the subscriber gift? Asleep at the wheel…

DeVaul calling U2's church

2a9db781-db47-4979-9ba2-e78e92b5595b_text.gif

They've now added a (sensible) option when you subscribe, where you can choose which gift you want. If you've already resubscribed, you need to resubscribe again, choose the 2023 gift and then get them to cancel the previous one.

2023 gift will be announced "soon."

I already checked Music On The Internet but didn't see anything there...anyone willing to pass along MP3 downloads of the songs? I have been a fan for years, but unfortunately didn't subscribe to U2.com this past year and am now having some regret on missing out on the AB live songs...would be much appreciated!

I already checked Music On The Internet but didn't see anything there...anyone willing to pass along MP3 downloads of the songs? I have been a fan for years, but unfortunately didn't subscribe to U2.com this past year and am now having some regret on missing out on the AB live songs...would be much appreciated!

You can still subscribe and get the package. They still offer it.

I thought the comments about which will arrive in hands first, the subscriber gift or SOS, were rather cute and made me chuckle a little...

First time subscriber, by the way; ya know, because of the epic announcement countdown back in December.

I have to say, I was listening in the car, and wasn't expecting the hidden track at the end. It was actually a little chilling, with the sirens at the end.

Liked the whole CD, Acrobat and The Fly being my favorites.

The new gift is volume 1 of the complete lyrics book. I renewed yesterday, does anyone remember how long it takes to get the 25% off discount code for the shop? I thought they sent that in a separate email right after you renew.

I never buy anything with it, but there's something I might buy this time.

Back
Top Bottom