2022 Kennedy Center Honors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big Birds Are Best

Where The Snuffleupagus Have No Name

The Grouch Beneath Her Feet

Uhh, did you happen to notice the account name in the replies??

[TWEET]1599291089407864833[/TWEET]

I'm glad that Lance has family support in his non-gender-conforming choice of clothing. We support you as well, buddy!

They didn't exactly get a roster of heavy hitters to show up, did they? Especially considering the plethora of U2 collabs over the years. No Mary J. Blige, Jagger, Bruce, Wyclef, etc?

And of all the songs, Vedder does Elevation? That's a choice.

But I guess persuading Harry, Billie, and Finneas to read some Bono lyrics they may have never heard before on camera was a nice connect to the Youngs.

ETA: Ok, apparently Mary was supposed to be there and got sick. Unfortunate.

Last edited:
Oh my god. Sacha Baron Cohen was there as Borat and sang “With or Without Jews”???!?

I feel like I missed out on my two favorite people / groups in the same place.

Sacha making people feel uncomfortable whilst attempting to hobnob is welcomed, since U2 rarely does it themselves anymore.

Seems like a liberal love fest. Hard pass.

awww-sarcastic.gif

They didn't exactly get a roster of heavy hitters to show up, did they? Especially considering the plethora of U2 collabs over the years. No Mary J. Blige, Jagger, Bruce, Wyclef, etc?

And of all the songs, Vedder does Elevation? That's a choice.

But I guess persuading Harry, Billie, and Finneas to read some Bono lyrics they may have never heard before on camera was a nice connect to the Youngs.

ETA: Ok, apparently Mary was supposed to be there and got sick. Unfortunate.

I suppose I should wait to see it, but this does already feel like a disappointment.

Love Brandi, but she’s basically a professional Olds Handler at this point.

Last edited:
Love it when people are surprised and disappointed when U2 events and awards based on goodness and decency turn into liberal love feats. Of course they are. The left is the side of decency, progression and community. If you are surprised or disappointed in this you are pretty thick.

Back
Top Bottom