"2 crap albums in a row and we're out"-Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pop only counts as one album (though "crap" is too harsh a word) so the answer is no, imo.

No. And I don't think they ever will. Unless they plan to continue till they die. There are plenty of crap songs, but there's not one album that doesn't have a couple of good songs on it.

:love: Irishteen I LOVE your avi!

No...they never made an outright "crap" album...

They have made pretty crappy songs...forgivable

I love how this one single quote gets turned into a thread every 3 or 4 months...

I wonder if any other single quote has gotten that much mileage?:hmm:

I wouldn't say any of their albums are crap. Maybe ATYCLB, but I'd just say that's more uninteresting than crap.

I dunno. There were some albums that I didn't overly love, but big deal. I never dwelled on it. I was like "okay" and moved on. I mean it's all a matter of opinion anyway. I mean we could vote, poll, etc, but in the end in a thread like this given the subject matter people will just argue their opinions.

It's a dumb quote that doesn't deserve to keep getting resurrected everytime a fan decides they don't like the new album.

Because honestly, who's supposed to be the judge of that? The band? Like they're going to come out and say "Well shit, this album sucks. The last one sucked, too. Guess we're done."

Or are they supposed to take an official poll amongst critics and fans? Like they're going to sit down one day and say "Well, we've been voted out of rock and roll by 63% of the public. I guess we're done, boys."

Seriously, let the quote die. If you think they've put out two crap albums in a row, then maybe it's time for you to "retire" from being a fan.

(And by "retire," I mean still enjoy their older stuff, maybe hold out hope that they'll put out something you like in the future, maybe be a little sad because you don't like them anymore, maybe you're even a little bitter, but you don't go on the internet and whine every five minutes about how U2 sucks now.)

U2girl, that's not directed at you specifically - I'm just sick of the quote being resurrected so often.

Back
Top Bottom