18 Nov 1991 - 18 Nov 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still waiting for that Super Deluxe Edition with bonus audio CD containing most of the Salome outtakes (Heaven and Hell, She's Gonna Blow Your House Down, Take You Down, Morning Child, Acrobat demo...) and all the b-sides, plus a bonus DVD with the Outside Broadcast documentary and the full Stockholm 1992 concert.

One can dream, no?

Still waiting for that Super Deluxe Edition with bonus audio CD containing most of the Salome outtakes (Heaven and Hell, She's Gonna Blow Your House Down, Take You Down, Morning Child, Acrobat demo...) and all the b-sides, plus a bonus DVD with the Outside Broadcast documentary and the full Stockholm 1992 concert.

One can dream, no?

Stockhold 1992... :drool::drool::drool:

I can't wait until the remaster comes out... probably two years from now.

I would love the full Stockholm show to be on there, but I'm not sure they'd do it. The setlist isn't massively dissimilar from Sydney's, and there's the Dancing Queen copyright issue to battle around, especially since two members of ABBA played the song with U2.

therethere.gif

One can dream, no?

I just really hope we'll get some finished or close to finished tracks that didn't make the album that haven't been released in any form yet. One thing I've always really wanted to hear is "Down All The Days", the song they recorded during the Achtung Baby sessions that then became Numb during the recording of Zooropa. It probably won't turn up, but I can hope.:sexywink:

Today, I made a CD of songs from Achtung Baby. I used all of the songs but with different versions and threw in some B-sides/Remixes. Good stuff!

Talk about feeling old. I was 19 when AB came out. The Fall of '91 was an awesome time! :rockon:

I was also 19, I didn't get around to buying it until St Patrick's Day 1992, it was the first time I listened to an album from start to finish and then listened to it again. For initial impact, I would only put The Stone Roses debut above it. I think Achtung has dated somewhat, but still a fine album.

gosh, I remember buying Achtung on cassette for mums birthday and she only liked 2 songs on it! haha, so I kept it.

awesome time, I was round 16 years old and it was such an exciting heavy bold era that they blended into (and Adam dating Naomi).

:D:D

this thread is for people who like to celebrate odd numbered anniversaries, i guess anyway.

:D

i don't get it.

dooooooooooods

it's old enough to buy drinks and go to strip joints now

as if it wasn't doing that already...

i was about 16 when i first heard it (mind you i was barely a year old when it came out :wink:) and i listened to it and nothing else for two weeks straight.

Back
Top Bottom