U2 Feedback - Comments

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Blogs > stevec
Click Here to Login
  1. Old Comment

Laugh? I wish I could.

Thanks for the words you guys, but I suppose it could always be worse, right? Got to try to be positive.

I've managed to buy a little time with the job, by agreeing to be re-trained and accept a lower position. It sucks and I'll be tied to a desk by a headset, but it might give me time to find something else.

Being able to sell my property and get the hell out of Dodge would be great as the next step, but unlikely now I think. Oh man my head hurts - so much to think about, worry over, plan, etc...
  2. Old Comment

Laugh? I wish I could.

Really sorry to hear about what's going on lately
  3. Old Comment

Laugh? I wish I could.

Oh no! That sucks.

4. Old Comment

Caveat Emptor

Nice to hear from you TQ1.

Yeah, I'm living on what little of my nerves are left. Aint life grand?
  5. Old Comment

Caveat Emptor

It's nice to see you here again Steve, just a shame about the circumstances (to put it mildly!)
  6. Old Comment

Scotland 1 - Terrorists 0

I love it! Alex McIlveen for president! :laugh:

Celticfc, great commentary!
  7. Old Comment

:lmao: ^ my ex!

Hey Gary, your ability to talk both 'english' and still retain your Scottish-ness is commendable.
    :applaud:

8. Old Comment

aye daft bastards what the fuck were the thinking.

Eyewitness accounts.

America:"Oh my God! there was a man on fire,he was running about, i just ran for my life..i thought i was gonna die,he got so close to me"

Glasgow "Cunt wis running aboot on fire,so a ran up n gave him a good boot,then decked him"

America:"I just wanna get home,away from here..i just wanna get home,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"here shug,am no leaving here till am oan a fuckin' plane!"

America:"there was pandemonium,people were running in all directions,we didn't know what was hapening,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"Fuck this fir a kerry oan,moan we ll get a pint in"

America:"We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister,and was trying to get into his trunk,i thought we were gonna die,i just ran for my life"

Glasgow:"a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire,and the dafty couldnae even open his boot,he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

America:there was this huge explosion,it sounded like war,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"There wis a bang,yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire it wis like that"

America:"i'm too traumatised even to speak,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow "here mate,gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear,if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"
  9. Old Comment

Yes, thank goodness.

Having been married to a Scotsman for 5 years, i would say you are %100 correct...but switch #1 and #2...:lmao:
  10. Old Comment

Terrorists 2 miles away

Scary stuff. Watching coverage right now. Stay safe
  11. Old Comment

Terrorists 2 miles away

I agree Diane and for the most part, I think people do generally just "get on with it" and go about their business as best they can. It's all we can do and what we must do if we can.

Lockerbie was almost 19 years ago now, though I remember only too well, the bulletins cutting into the TV schedules that night to deliver the news. It's still sad to watch when its referenced in various TV programmes, where clips of the crashed plane are shown. Lockerbie, '9/11' and '7/7', all moments in history that will leave a mark on all who witnessed them.
  12. Old Comment

Terrorists 2 miles away

"I'm sure you're a bit slimmer than him though Steve."

Er no, not much I'm afraid :( Maybe a few belt notches.
  13. Old Comment

Terrorists 2 miles away

Scotland has been touched by terrorism before, unfortunately. A Pan Am flight went down in Lockerbie shortly before Christmas in 1988; people who lived in the path were killed as well as all the flight's passengers.

I was temping in an office in which an employee was on that plane. His was the first body that came home to the States.

We can't live in fear. We have to go on with our lives and if we are in the path of one of these murderous thugs...it happens.

I hope you will always be safe, stevec, and all the other Interferencers.
  14. Old Comment

Terrorists 2 miles away

Quote:
    Cracker eh?
    I'm sure you're a bit slimmer than him though Steve. ;)
  15. Old Comment

Terrorists 2 miles away

Oh I'm fine and safe guys, no worries. I suspect it'll take more than a couple of dipshits with petrol to make a difference to most Paisley people, so it was a futile act of desperation as far as I'm concerned.

Hard to say at this point if it was linked with London, or if it was a just a copycat act. The methodolgy would seem to be similar, but then the methodology is very easy to copy by any muppet with a car and some petrol cans. I'm just a bit freaked out that it happened in the town where I live, which is just incredible to me.

Cracker eh? :D
  16. Old Comment
  17. Old Comment

Terrorists 2 miles away

Makes you wonder what's going to happen next. Do you think it has any link to the car bombs in London or is it just two people being 'inspired' by recent events? (Sorry. Listen at me- thinking just because you're Scottish it means that you're just like Cracker or something! :laugh: ) Anyway, try your best to stay safe Steve. :hug:
  18. Old Comment

Here we go again...

Thanks for the thoughts folks. The ultrasound showed nothing, so now I guess it will be an endoscopy to figure it out. Man this is truly getting old!
  19. Old Comment

Here we go again...

I know this will sound strange but I hope it is your gall bladder. :huh: Why I hope that is because it is a problem that can be solved and allow you to live without the awful pain. I haven't had it myself, but everyone I know who has did have incredible pain with it, but after recovering from the surgery they all felt sooooo much better.

I hope your ultrasound on the 11th is the beginning of you getting better and being able to live pain free. :yes:
  20. Old Comment

Here we go again...

bad news which is actually good news? I mean maybe they are on the way to a diagnosis and will help you with the pain you have. I hope so. Will send good thoughts for you on the 11th.