Writing Influences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
You would you say has had the greatest influence on your poems, essays, lyrics etc,

I do realise that Bono may crop up alot due to this being Interference and all but other than the man himself who ahs inspired you to continue writing?

For me my list would have to ijnclude:

Bob Dylan
Seamus Heaney
Oscar Wilde
Elliot Smith
Leonard Cohen
Morrissey
Glen Hansard

And many others I may have been influenced by subconsciously....

Style-wise....I would say Mr B and J.R.R.Tolkien.

What influences my writings are time and the world around that particular time.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Style-wise....I would say Mr B and J.R.R.Tolkien.

What influences my writings are time and the world around that particular time.

carol
wizard2c

Well yes, any good writer should have an influence from his or her own surroundings even if this influence is rather vague,

I do realise that alot of what I write is actually a running social commentary although I never do go out of my way to make my writing seem more important than others........

Last edited:
at various times:

T.S. Eliot
e.e. cummings
Michael Ondaatje
James Joyce (it is impossible to not be influenced by him, directly or indirectly)

Most of my writings I don't even post. I'll never win any awards which compare..............just a way to put my feelings into words..I keep them for myself.

Right now I am very depressed.

carol
wizard2c

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Most of my writings I don't even post. I'll never win any awards which compare..............just a way to put my feelings into words..I keep them for myself.

Right now I am very depressed.

carol
wizard2c

Hey, I hope you feel better aoon remember if you have any problems you can talk to alot of the people here:hug:

I don't read books, so I don't think anyone has influenced me. I don't think I write like a writer.

I don't really know what to compare myself to, though I have heard people say names to me, about me, for me.

Everything I write is a ...... result of my life. I use almost no imagination in my writings, just interpretation and phrasing of the reality that is infront of me. But that's just the way I do it.

Oh, and I used 'I' in every sentance. I did it on purpose (though for the previous two sentances, I sort of forced the 'I'), because I tend to use "I" a lot. I must be very conceited.

I'm not surprised...

Back
Top Bottom