Vertigo Chart Updates (Thursday 11/25)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
From the latest Billboard set of charts:

Hot 100 - #31 (was at #31 last week, but has lost airplay this time around)

Modern Rock Charts - #3 (Peaked at #1)

Mainstream Rock Charts - #3 (Peaked at #3, Lost Airplay this week)

Hot Digital Tracks - #4 (#3 last week, peaked at #1)

Adult Top 40 - #15 (At #15 last week, but received more airplay this week)

Looks like it's time for "All Because Of You" to be sent out to conquer the world. :wink:

BigMacPhisto said:
Looks like it's time for "All Because Of You" to be sent out to conquer the world. :wink:

I disagree, I fear it might be too early to unleash All Because Of You. There's a big chance it will then suffer the Walk On effect. That single turned out to be released too soon after Beautiful Day in the US. As Beautiful Day kept on going, radio DJ's played that song and not the new single Walk On.
With Vertigo and All Because Of You also being quite similar (both are full-on rock tracks) play of one track cannibalises the rotation of the other. What song would a station choose? The big hit (that might become an even bigger hit) or that other song which sounds quite similar, but isn't a big hit?

No, I think it's best to wait a little while before releasing another single in the US. Or release a different sounding song, so DJ's have more opportunity to include U2 in their playlists (a ballad slot is open? let's play the latest single, a ballad, by U2).

C ya!

Marty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom