Unchained Melody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I love U2's version of this song. Don't you guys? It was so beautiful when they sang it at the end of their Live 8 set. Is it on an album somewhere or anyone know where there's an mp3 of it perhaps? I can't get it out of my head:D

Yes, it was fantastic as a b-side, it was phenominal during Zoo T.V., and it was other-worldly during Live 8. It gave me goosebumps.

AngelofHarlem01 said:
I love U2's version of this song. Don't you guys? It was so beautiful when they sang it at the end of their Live 8 set. Is it on an album somewhere or anyone know where there's an mp3 of it perhaps? I can't get it out of my head:D

You can find a studio version of it on the Best Of 1980-1990 & B-Sides compilation (as it is on the B-sides disc). It was originally released as a B-side of the All I Want Is You single.

It's one of the great covers they made. In ZOO TV it always fitted very well, like Stand By Me, Satellite of Love and Can't Help Falling in Love. I love Stand By Me particullary

I never cared for the B-side version of Unchained Melody, but I like the quiet snippet tacked onto the end of One in concert.

Toronto 5-25-2001: One --> Unchained Melody. . . the BEST version of UM i've ever fucking heard! Bono's voice is amazing. . . you guys have to hear that one!

The first time I heard it, I laughed out loud, I thought it was so bad. But it has since really grown on me, and I like it alot.

I would consider the B-Side (full band) version one of U2's best tracks if it wasn't a cover. It was an amazing song to begin with; U2 made it even greater. Fantastic.

did anyone who see them perform it get why Bono and some people in the audience laughed/chuckled after he sang "i need your love"?

I thought so too, but upon watching the Live8 show again (and noticing posts on this topic) I saw the real reason: The Edge played a wrong note at that moment.

Back
Top Bottom