Ultraviolet chorus... silly question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When Bono sings, "hooo-ooooh", Edge (in the background) sings what exactly?

• Ultra-vio-let

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Ultraviolet - hooo oooh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ultraviolet raaaaaaays

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Ultraviolet waaaaaves

• Ultraviolet haaaaay

• Ultraviolet liiiiight

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Ultraviolet loooove

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • all of the above

• none of the above

• Total voters
Ultra-Vio-Let.....:eyebrow: fairly confident but Bono also does some vocal overlapping himself over the top of Edge which mixes in..fantastic uplifting chorus anyhow :)

Okay, yesterday I listened to a Zoo TV concert from Stockholm and Edge sang clearly 'Ultra-vio-let'.........

FallingStar said:
Okay, yesterday I listened to a Zoo TV concert from Stockholm and Edge sang clearly 'Ultra-vio-let'.........

Yep...Same thing with me, only I listened to the album version.

Of course, when my mom listens to that song, she sometimes sings "won't you light my way?" haha

wertsie said:
Of course, when my mom listens to that song, she sometimes sings "won't you light my way?" haha

:) Y'see, that's the good point when English isn't your mother language: Your parents can't mess up lyrics of your favourite band because they can't even form a logic sentence. :D

FallingStar said:

:) Y'see, that's the good point when English isn't your mother language: Your parents can't mess up lyrics of your favourite band because they can't even form a logic sentence. :D

Well, U2 is my mom's favorite band too! :happy: (actually, she was the one who introduced me to them.)

wertsie said:
Well, U2 is my mom's favorite band too! :happy: (actually, she was the one who introduced me to them.)

Ooops - and she can speak English, right? Okay, that's something different: Then she may sing the songs in her own way. :yes: :D

FallingStar said:

Ooops - and she can speak English, right? Okay, that's something different: Then she may sing the songs in her own way. :yes: :D

:lol: Yep. We're from Michigan, and English is pretty much our one and only language.

wertsie said:

:lol: Yep. We're from Michigan, and English is pretty much our one and only language.

There's also the Yooper language for the northern folks, which has been called many things...like Yoopanese...*lol* :D

hehehe,................. i know this is offtopic but i barely heard for the first time a background voice singing "....wear that velvet dress" while bono's singing the chorus. sounded like a women's voice.

elevation2u said:
hehehe,................. i know this is offtopic but i barely heard for the first time a background voice singing "....wear that velvet dress" while bono's singing the chorus. sounded like a women's voice.

:scratch: :huh:

Bonochick said:
There's also the Yooper language for the northern folks, which has been called many things...like Yoopanese...*lol* :D

Ha! I go to school in southern Michigan, and I've come across some people who speak Yoopanese! I was also introduced to a song called "Rusty Chevrolet" to the tune of Jingle Bells by Da Yoopers. :D

Giant Lemon said:

Ha! I go to school in southern Michigan, and I've come across some people who speak Yoopanese! I was also introduced to a song called "Rusty Chevrolet" to the tune of Jingle Bells by Da Yoopers. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Heehee...I know that one!

In my freshman year of college, there was a girl from Marquette on my floor. She had a TINY "yooper" accent, but it was nowhere near as extreme as they say.

:lol: Me, I'm just a troll!

Back
Top Bottom