UGH!!! I'm pissed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
Alright, so I work for a Country Club---family owned. Tomorrows my last day. Somehow I was "supposedly" given a check for almost $7,000 on Monday. I've called the bank, tore my desk apart, looked through my deposits and the copied checks--NO CHECK.
The daughter of the owners swears she gave it to me, I don't remember ever getting it. Now she's not so sure she did give it to me, but who's being blammed???? ME.

I think i'd remember a check for $6666.66
Don't you???? And now that tomorrows my last day they're already saying i've done something with it and I havent! I remember thinking it was strange I didnt get a check for this person, but I had their credit card info for the monthly payments.

I'm not a vengeful person. I don't like my job, but I'd NEVER do something stupid like destroy a check, etc.
So if they press this and blame me.....what's to happen to me??????:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

Ask them to call their bank, cancel the check they supposedly wrote, and write you a new one. If they're going to be complete jerks about it, tell them they can subtract the cancellation fee from the new check.

Liesje said:
Ask them to call their bank, cancel the check they supposedly wrote, and write you a new one. If they're going to be complete jerks about it, tell them they can subtract the cancellation fee from the new check.

yeah that's what I want to do, but it's the owners that are having the problem. it's a new member so they don't want to have to contact him.

Kiki said:

yeah that's what I want to do, but it's the owners that are having the problem. it's a new member so they don't want to have to contact him.

That's dumb, they're going to have to do something at some point, they can't just withhold your pay on a suspicion. It would take five minutes to call and cancel the check! You can even show them your current bank statement proving you never deposited the check.

nonoonono they're not witholding anything from me. I'm the one responsible for depositing the checks from the members. I deal with all the accounting. Since tomorrow's my last day, they're acting funny like I did somethign deliberatly to withold the check from going in to the country clubs account at the bank.

I have had it up to here with rude and jerk people lately. Seriously, it must be National Asshole Week with the crap that's been coming up. How the heck can you steal a check? I mean really, that puts the paper in "paper trail" right there.

Tell them to shove it--You're gone tommorow anyway.

starsgoblue said:
I have had it up to here with rude and jerk people lately. Seriously, it must be National Asshole Week with the crap that's been coming up. How the heck can you steal a check? I mean really, that puts the paper in "paper trail" right there.

Tell them to shove it--You're gone tommorow anyway.

:hi5: Is it a full moon or something?

As far as the check, all they have to do is call the bank, and see if the check has been deposited/cashed. They can cancel or put a stop payment on it and re-issue a new one. Heck, if they have online banking, they can just look it up themselves. Who cares if they have to contact the new member. It can be stated that it's just a possible clerical error and apologize for any inconvenience.

\returning to the endless hold and switching of depts. of customer service. One hour last night, so far one hour today. Getting nowhere, and not knowing who in what dept. is telling me the truth and who is bullshitting me :angry: \end rant

yeah....after all that....all the accusing bull crap and stuff....the owners wife comes in and is all laughing about it---the guy never wrote a check!!!!!!!! He gave his CC number, which I have and I kept telling them, I thought he was paying EVERYTHING by CC.
Gez.....no apology either. Make me feel like shit....go ahead.

Kiki said:
yeah....after all that....all the accusing bull crap and stuff....the owners wife comes in and is all laughing about it---the guy never wrote a check!!!!!!!! He gave his CC number, which I have and I kept telling them, I thought he was paying EVERYTHING by CC.

Jerks :|

Kiki said:

Yeah some bosses are assholes!!! I used to be a McDonald's manager and we used to provide food to a school on a special treat day for the kids. The teachers would take orders for how many slices of pizza per child and let us know. We would go down and give em the food. One time, I returned from the delivery and the head store manager started giving me shit in front of the whole staff and customers about how they are missing an order at the school. Anyway, it turns out that one of the teachers FORGOT to take their class order hence the shortfall. DID I GET AN APOLOGY, nope, cause it would have made him look bad. Jerk!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom