U2 vs Bon Jovi song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickoslo

Acrobat
hi

just watched conan and jimmy where bon jovi were performing song ''Superman tonight'', and i was very suprised, but the songs sounds almost excatly like U2 song ''who's gonna ride your wild horses''.

YouTube - Superman tonight

here is the bon jovi song,im notg gonna post horses couse you probably know it allready, so check it out and discuss.

PS:pardon my french :sexywink:

You are right....they do sound similar...they even say "who's gonna"

I heard this song the other day, I was in the other room and it came on the TV and I was like, "I know that song, how the hell do I know a Bon Jovi song that wasn't on Slippery When Wet?" and then it dawned on me, oh yeah this is a rip off of WGRYWH...

My wife and I go to a TON of concerts together.....various groups. U2, Depeche Mode, Tool, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Feist, Rise Against.....

I will almost ALWAYS go see a live show.......even if I'm not a huge fan of the band.

My wife asked me if I'd like to go see Bon Jovi with her...

......I said, hell no.

My wife and I go to a TON of concerts together.....various groups. U2, Depeche Mode, Tool, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Feist, Rise Against.....

I will almost ALWAYS go see a live show.......even if I'm not a huge fan of the band.

......I said, hell no.

:lol:. I don't really listen to Bon Jovi. I like some of the stuff off Slippery When Wet. But other than that I'm not much of a Bon Jovi guy.

I am not someone who jumps to conclusions re: rip offs, but not only do I hear similarities, I think they are too great to not have been inspired by the U2 track we all know and love!

Very similar. Has this been commented upon by others, or is that only reserved for absurd comparisons like boots and wild, wild west??

at the 3:10 mark - COME ON NOW LOVE>>>>>>>DON"T YOU LOOK BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just one example, but the similarities are obvious.
:down: To JBJ - anyone see any recent interview with him?
Seems like he thinks the weight of the world is upon him.
Check out the documentary When We Were Beautiful.
This asswipe thinks he's John Lennon or something.

......I said, hell no.

Wow great list there. I should take a hubby like that.:lol:

Especially if he thinks about Bon Jovi like that.

My hero:wink:

I think Bon Jovi is one of the worst fake ass rockstars out there. He can't even hit his notes.
And had an ego that will swallow Bono's ego in whole times 500x

I think the beginning of Bon Jovi's What do you got? sounds a bit like One.....
I think it sounds a lot like One. The difference is that One is brilliant, and What Do You Got is not.

That said, I am a huge Bon Jovi fan. It make make you all throw up, they are my favorite band (don't worry, U2 are a close second). I would say that Jon Bon Jovi was the better singer up until about 2002, but Bono is the better singer since. Richie Sambora is better than The Edge, IMO. I do think Adam is MILES better than Bon Jovi's bassist (who isn't even an official member), and I'm not sure about the drummers.

I've seen the general opinion of Bon Jovi amongst U2 fans (not very pleasant), so I know I might be a little crazy here, but I'm speaking the truth. There's going to be an ongoing struggle between the two, and to be honest, U2 is the bigger band.

I can hear a big resemblance. Except this song overall is way worse than Horses.

......I said, hell no.
I love you!

Back
Top Bottom