Touch pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
This is a second attempt to post.... computer slowed way down and got a cannot display page message...

Disclaimer: Absolutely not true. Just a fun little fantasy inspired by but in no way meant to represent the true actions/feelings of any person(s) mention herein.

You Don't Know Me
(As performed by Elvis Presley/Words & music by Walker - Arnold)
You give your hand to me and then you say hello
And I can hardly speak, my heart is beating so
And anyone could tell, you think you know me well
But you don't know me
No you don't know the one who dreams of you at night
And longs to kiss your lips and longs to hold you tight
To you I'm just a friend, and that's all I've ever been
No, you don't know me
Afraid and shy I let my chance go by
The chance that you might love me too
You give your hand to me and then you say good-bye
I watch you walk away beside the lucky guy
To never, never know the one who loves you so
No, you don't know me

“You look like shite.” Adam greeted Larry as he joined the others in the common room for breakfast. Larry shot his friend a look which let him know he did not appreciate the comment.

“At least I don’t look like you.” He replied sourly, many of the others who were gathered for breakfast laughing, catching them choking on orange juice or coffee.

“What the fuck crawled up your arse and laid an egg?”

“Nothing.” Larry replied, helping himself to the coffee. The truth was he hadn’t slept well because every time he dozed off his dreams had been haunted. They had been so vivid that even now he could feel her soft red hair in his hands, her cool skin beneath his lips as he kissed her. He’d swear that woman was the devil’s own temptation, but damn if his back didn’t feel better than it had in years.

“Morning.” Jimmy greeted the little redhead as she slipped quietly into the common room, hoping to grab a cup of coffee and slip back out unnoticed. He pale cheeks turned rosy pink as several sets of eyes landed on her.

“Morning.” She replied quietly. She came to a stop next to Larry and he looked down at her, waiting for her to say something, anything. She shifted her weight awkwardly from one foot to the other, her eyes scanning the room, searching for something.

“What ya looking for?” Jimmy asked affably.

“I’m uh, just waiting for the coffee.” She told him, and Larry realized he was still holding the coffee pot in one hand and an empty cup in the other. He poured himself a cup and then filled hers as she held it out. Anyone with eyes could see the tension between them. “Thanks.” She mumbled, turning and exiting the room as quietly as she had entered.

“You’re scaring people away again, Larry.” Adam teased, receiving one of Larry’s patented scowls.

Ceili paused outside the door to let her heart slow down a bit. She had hoped if she pretended yesterday’s almost-kiss hadn’t happened, she could make it go away. She hadn’t slept a wink, tossing and turning all night and wondering if she hadn’t imagined it. The way he’d looked at her, the way his fingers had felt in her hair… how was it possible he was attracted to her?

Not that it mattered, because acting on it was simply not an option. Besides the whole Dr-patient thing, there was the fact that he didn’t know a lot of important things about her. He lived his life in the public eye, and most likely anyone who was with him would be scrutinized twice as closely. She had a history which she preferred locked safely away from prying eyes.

First there was Ember. She was turning fourteen in a few days, Ceili realized with a sad smile. She would be almost as old as Ceili had been when she had gotten pregnant with her. She didn’t regret giving her up for adoption. She would never have been able to provide for her, especially not the way the Andreson’s had. It had been the right thing. If the truth about that were to come out because of some trash magazine’s quest for gossip, Ceili couldn’t stand the thought of how it would effect her.

Then there was Roger, her good for nothing soon to be ex-husband. He had a criminal history a mile wide, and he was nearly as mean as he was greedy. He’d surely find some way to take advantage of the situation. Blackmail would come as naturally to him as breathing. He’d already been bugging her, calling her cell phone, looking for some angle which he could exploit. She could only hope the restraining order from Wisconsin would be enough to stop him if he ever caught up to the tour.

Ceili sighed at the very thought of Roger, realizing she had far to much baggage to ever expect a relationship with someone like Larry. It was just a foolish dream, and she was done with chasing after those.

Larry made a fist and raised it to knock on the door to Ceili’s room just as it swung open and Bono started to step out. His eyes fell directly on the single red rose clutched in Larry’s big hand immediately. He smirked at his friend.

“Really, Larry you shouldn’t have. I really prefer chocolates.” He teased. Larry ran one hand through his hair nervously and let the flower dangle precociously from the other. “Seriously man, what are you…” Bono started, but his eyes widened slightly as he peered over the rims of his sunglasses. He looked at Larry and then back into the room where Ceili was cleaning the massage table.

“Don’t say a fucking word.” Larry warned, but Bono could hardly resist.

“So is that what all this…” he wiggled his finger back and forth between Larry and Ceili “has been about? You and the Doctor?”

“I’m just trying to apologize.” Larry informed his friend. And it was the truth. He was trying to apologize for the awkward way he’d tried to kiss her the day before. He was also planning on trying again, but he left that much out. Bono didn’t need him to say it, they’d been friends for too long, he could see it written all over Larry’s face.

“Good luck then.” He said, and Larry wanted desperately to wipe the smirk off of Bono’s face. The trouble was, he knew he wouldn’t be able to, he’d only stick his foot in his mouth and make matters worse. All he could do now was hope this went well, otherwise he’d be hearing it from all three of them.

Larry stepped into the room and closed the door behind himself, considering locking it. He didn’t need anybody barging in on this particular moment. He cleared his throat and she turned to glance over her shoulder.

“Oh. You’re early.” She told him, her eyes slipping down to the flower pinched between two long thin fingers, then quickly back up to his face.

“I wanted to apologize for yesterday.” He told her, holding the flower out to her timidly.

“You don’t need to.” She told him, reaching out and taking the flower when he insisted.

“Well, I wanted to ask if maybe you’d want to grab something to eat sometime, too.” He told her, raking one of his big hands through his shaggy blond-ish hair awkwardly, his other hand buried in the pocket of his jeans, and reminding her a little too much of James Dean.

“You know I can’t.” She told him with a sigh.

“I don’t think that’s true. Because for you to lose your license someone would have to complain. That someone would have to be the patient or your employer.” He argued, leaning against the wall in his practiced casual pose. “And I’m, sort of, both.”

“That’s right, you are my employer.” She said as if the thought were occurring to her for the very first time. “Doesn’t that make this sexual harassment?” She teased, and was rewarded with a broad, genuine smile which were few and far between.

“I know it’s complicated. I just think we could go out, have some fun. I’m not asking you to marry me, just to have some dinner and whatever.” He told her.

**This is the point at which you tell him you’re already married.** her conscience piped up. She chose to ignore it. After all, he WASN’T proposing or anything. It was just dinner and ‘whatever.’ The dinner she could surely handle. It was the ‘whatever’ that had her pulse racing.

“I uh…” she stammered, rolling the stem of the rose between two fingers and staring down at it as if it held the answers she was searching for. Larry stepped in close to her, leaning to the side to see her face. She smiled shyly up at him.

“C’mon what do I have to do to get one date?” He teased, smiling playfully and nudging her shoulder impatiently. He could tell she wanted to say yes.

“I don’t know…” she told him with a melodramatic sigh. “I mean, it’s not like you’re the lead singer or anything… I can’t tell you to serenade me.”

“I can sing.” He informed her playfully.

“Oh yeah?” she smiled back. “Prove it.”

Larry took a few steps away from her, turning his back to her and bracing his legs apart in a pre-song pose, his head down. Ceili couldn’t help but admire the view. He turned to look back at her over his shoulder, one lip curled up like Elvis. She clapped a hand over her mouth to hide the grin she couldn’t contain otherwise.

“Wise men say…” He started and though she tried not to laugh a squeak excaped her throat, followed by a trail of giggles as he continued to sing, now adding a few of Elvis’s best known dance moves. “Only fools rush in. But I can’t help falling in love…” he sang, taking her by the hand and leading her into a playful dance. “With you!” He dipped her, held her there, his face so close to hers their noses bumped. Her laughter faded quickly as she found herself drawn into the intensity of his silvery eyes. He inched forward, his lips barely whispering over hers and sending a violent shiver through her.

“Is someone swinging a bag of cats against the wall in here, or is Larry singing… oh! Sorry!” They heard Bono’s voice say from the doorway, where he, Edge and Adam stood. The smirk on his face told them he was anything but sorry. Larry looked like he could kill his friend for the interruption, wishing desperately he had locked the door after all.

It was Ceili’s laughter that kept him from getting truly pissed off. It was wild, free and infectious. He helped to put her right on her feet again but kept one strong arm wrapped firmly around her shoulders.

“Ummm, I think maybe we should get lost.” Edge was saying.

“Good idea.” Larry replied, trying his best to sound threatening. As soon as his friends had closed the door (he was certain they weren’t actually gone, just hovering outside the door. Possibly with their ears pressed against it.) he turned to Ceili.

“So, did I hear a yes?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” she replied playfully. “Is that the only thing that will keep you from singing again?” She teased, and Larry gasped melodramatically, grabbing his chest as if wounded in the heart.

“Oh! Ouch!”

“Ok, already.” She told him, her voice so soft he could hardly hear it.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.” She told him, a bit louder this time. He pulled her close and smiled that broad, boyish grin that made her heart ache so.

“You won’t regret it.” He promised her on an intimate whisper, kissing her very softly, very slowly on the mouth. It was an innocent enough kiss, not the least bit forceful or aggressive, but it held more heat than any other kiss she’d ever been given. It literally left her so dizzy that when he walked away she had to grab hold of the table for support.

Yay! I loved this chapter. Even though I've loved the others just as well. Yay Larry! :drool:

Keep em comin!

Back
Top Bottom