The U2/Interference.com Setlist!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
You voted for it! U2Fan101 can post more detailed results later, but the 24 songs you voted to have in the setlist are (in alphabetical order):

11 O'clock Tick Tock
Acrobat
All I Want Is You
Bad
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Dirty Day
Gloria
God Part II
Gone
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Kite
New Year's Day
Out Of Control
Please
Running To Stand Still
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
The Fly
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Until The End Of The World
Vertigo
Walk On
Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You

I debuted one version of the Interference.com setlist earlier today on the No Show Setlist Party, complete with snippets. That setlist was:

1. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
2. 11 O'clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet) / Give Peace A Chance (snippet)
3. Beautiful Day
4. All I Want Is You / Sexual Healing (snippet)
5. Bad / All I Want Is You (snippet) / Walk On The Wildside (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Sympathy For The Devil (snippet)
6. City Of Blinding Lights
7. Kite
8. Help (snippet) / Ultra Violet (Light My Way) / My Way (snippet)
9. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10. Running To Stand Still [ZooTV version with Edge on guitar]
11. Resolution And Independence (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
12. Out Of Control
13. Please
14. Dirty Day
15. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Children Of The Revolution (snippet)
16. The Fly
17. Acrobat
18. God Part II

--- End main set ---

19. Gone
20. Until The End Of The World
21. New Year's Day

--- Break ---

22. With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
23. Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
24. Walk On / 40 (snippet)

That is my favourite out of all of the sets I made, and I can elaborate further on why I made the decisions I made if anyone has any questions. In subsequent posts, I shall post alternate versions of the setlist.

I hope everyone likes it! You voted for it!

Alternate Setlist #1

AS1 was my very first attempt to put the 24 songs into a setlist.

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. All I Want Is You
3. Bad
4. City Of Blinding Lights
5. Kite
6. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
7. Running To Stand Still
8. New Year’s Day
9. Gloria
10. Out Of Control
11. Acrobat
12. Gone
13. Until The End Of The World
14. The Fly
15. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
16. God Part II

17. With Or Without You
18. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
19. Beautiful Day
20. Walk On

21. Please
22. Dirty Day
23. 11 O’clock Tick Tock
24. Vertigo

Alternate Setlist #2

I felt that the opening sequence of AS1 wasn't sufficiently rocking, and I was not happy with the encores. I did some swapping around and created AS2.

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. Gloria
3. Vertigo
4. 11 O’clock Tick Tock
5. Beautiful Day
6. All I Want Is You
7. Bad
8. City Of Blinding Lights
9. Kite
10. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
11. Running To Stand Still
12. New Year’s Day
13. Dirty Day
14. Please
15. Acrobat
16. Out Of Control
17. God Part II

18. Gone
19. Until The End Of The World
20. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
21. The Fly

22. With Or Without You
23. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
24. Walk On

Alternate Setlist #3

I was happier with AS2 but I wanted to keep experimenting to find better combinations. I wanted to use the tried-and-true Please/Streets combo, and I still wanted to see what I could do with the encores.

1. Vertigo
2. 11 O’clock Tick Tock
3. Beautiful Day
4. All I Want Is You
5. Bad
6. City Of Blinding Lights
7. Kite
8. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
9. Running To Stand Still
10. New Year’s Day
11. Acrobat
12. Dirty Day
13. Please
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. Out Of Control
16. God Part II

17. Gone
18. Until The End Of The World
19. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
20. The Fly

21. With Or Without You
22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23. Gloria
24. Walk On

Setlist #4

The setlist you see in the original post is #4. I prefer the longer main set, especially as it retains the middle run of songs that I like while tying together many of the heavier, darker rockers in a powerful combination (I am particularly happy with The Fly --> Acrobat --> God Part II). I also like using the guitar version of RTSS, as I feel it fits better with a full band Stay and provides a nice segue into Streets, freeing up NYD for use elsewhere.

Excellent work Axver. I'm disappointed that Like a Song..., October, Tomorrow, Silver and Gold and a few others didn't make it. But oh well. Happy to see Sunday Bloody Sunday and Pride did not make the list!:)

U2Fan101 said:
Excellent work Axver. I'm disappointed that Like a Song..., October, Tomorrow, Silver and Gold and a few others didn't make it. But oh well. Happy to see Sunday Bloody Sunday and Pride did not make the list!:)

or ONE, what a shame

now I know why many people here defend the current setlist; there's only 8 songs on that list that they're not playing this tour.
I guess the majority are getting what they want.

hmm, i counted 11

i think we did a pretty damn good job at picking the setlist, this show would be amazing

I love the lists, Axver but (I hope this doesn't seem to critical) I would probably put it at the end of the first encore, or [more likely] opening the second. I'll edit this post later and say why, etc. :huh: I've got to finish something off at the moment

blahblahblah said:
I love the lists, Axver but (I hope this doesn't seem to critical) I would probably put it at the end of the first encore, or [more likely] opening the second. I'll edit this post later and say why, etc. :huh: I've got to finish something off at the moment

I'd definitely like to hear your thoughts ... especially as I have no idea what song you're talking about!

Axver said:
I'd definitely like to hear your thoughts ... especially as I have no idea what song you're talking about!

Hahaha! Oh, christ! Sorry I have a habit of doing that!! Missing out the important word in the sentence (In this case Acrobat) since I'm too occupied thinking about what to write next in a sentence, problem with touch-typing :huh:...

Aaanyway...I think Acrobat is either a good one for ending the 1st or starting the 2nd Encore simply because of the surprise factor and the impact the song would have on a live crowd!

The song has some sort of 'power' which gets to nearly every fan :ohmy: and I'd love to hear them just surprise everyone and basically leave them writhing around in a mix of amazement, joy and urine before coming on for a second encore...

I dunno :huh: just the idea of what it would be like that's so interesting, I guess!

blahblahblah said:

Hahaha! Oh, christ! Sorry I have a habit of doing that!! Missing out the important word in the sentence (In this case Acrobat) since I'm too occupied thinking about what to write next in a sentence, problem with touch-typing :huh:...

Aaanyway...I think Acrobat is either a good one for ending the 1st or starting the 2nd Encore simply because of the surprise factor and the impact the song would have on a live crowd!

The song has some sort of 'power' which gets to nearly every fan :ohmy: and I'd love to hear them just surprise everyone and basically leave them writhing around in a mix of amazement, joy and urine before coming on for a second encore...

I dunno :huh: just the idea of what it would be like that's so interesting, I guess!

:laugh: Nice job with the typing there! Just tell everyone that your brain's thinking much too fast for your fingers to type every single brilliant thought and you'll be fine. :wink:

I do like your idea of placing Acrobat elsewhere. At the end of the first encore would definitely give everyone a good chance to recover from the joy and excitement! However, my fear would be that nothing the band come on stage with could possibly top Acrobat for the crowd, so I'd put Acrobat at the start of the second encore.

I'll tell you why I like it most where I put it, though. I think that thematically, The Fly --> Acrobat --> God Part II is simply awesome, and I put Acrobat before God Part II for two reasons:

1. I can hear in my mind Bono singing "don't let the bastards grind you down", Edge finishing that feckin' awesome guitar, and then Adam whacking that God Part II bass. It sounds SO GOOD in my head.
2. I love the idea of God Part II at the end of the main set. "I ... I believe in ... The Edge! STOP!" And everything just goes pitch black.

Back
Top Bottom