The Stuck Video - Did ya know the stadium was the Houston Astrodome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
I was so shocked the first time I saw that video and realized that the stadium was the Astrodome....

Was U2 actually in Houston for the filming and how did I miss it if they were?

Here's a link to an article that describes how they made the video.....

http://www.vfxpro.com/article/mainv/0,2108,30176|1,00.html

and no, U2 wasn't in Houston for the filming. Phew!!

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Does anyone actually play in it since the Oilers(aka Titans) moved away? Is it open?

**spoken with a southern drawl**
"Shoot, fire...we have the biggest dang rodeo there every Feb."

Actually, our new NFL team is building a new stadium and the Astrodome is gonna be used for the rodeo and conventions, I think.

SO you are going to get a new team? That's cool! Will it be the Oilers or a new name?
I did hear it was filmed in Berlin, there was a report it was filmed in Berlin the day after the Berlin show at the time. They were on tour over there, if they snuck to Housto and back how would we not know, and most of all how did they get all those thousands of extras and actors in there? Wouldn't there have been a casting call on the Houston radio? Of course only the ones near them could have been real, others may have been computer generated or a video of people I guess. I'm just
confused.gif
over this, if I lived in Houston I would feel even worse!

Here's what the article says:

"Anything with a lot of real people in it was shot in Berlin at a stadium called the Velomax. Everything else was shot at the Houston Astrodome."

They said they used cardboard people as extras, plus animation.

SO you are going to get a new team? Will it be the Oilers or a new name?

Hell no, not the Oilers. We're glad their sorry asses and idiot owner are gone. Here's our new team...

http://www.houstontexans.com/

About the video, U2 did film their part in Berlin as they didn't have the time to fly back to the states. It's in the article if you want more info.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

I thought the Houston Astrodome was demolished a while back
confused.gif
and the video was filmed in Berlin the day after the outdoor Berlin concert?

I thought the Houston Astrodome was demolished a while back

eek.gif
demolished? Oh my, no! It's certainly still there.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Does anyone actually play in it since the Oilers(aka Titans) moved away? Is it open?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom