Ring Finger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Purple is a spiritual colour, it's also the colour of the main chakra. I love it, it's my favourite colour. A lot of people don't like purple. I also love amethysts. I have always liked the fact that Bono wears a lot of purple. The ring looks great, though I have to say I wouldn't wear it, it would be too heavy for me. I hardly wear any rings, because it makes typing and writing harder for me. But I LOVE the stone!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I've never heard of purple being the colour for the holy spirit though :hmm:

In the Catholic church ( which I was brought up in ) purple was used everywhere especially during lent and advent, the season before Christmas.
Here is a little blurb I found, and it relates to royalty and Jesus being "The Prince Of Peace", so the association with purple is used.

The color purple, then, highlights the whole program of the Church's Lenten prayer. The purple shades of Lent focus our attention on Christ's kingship and, more importantly, on the sufferings that perfect His royal dignity and merit us grace, that gratuitous gift of God's own life that transforms our sinful hearts. It is a small sign of Christ's power that the feasting of our eyes on this luxurious color can move our souls to prayer and contrition. In the Redemption, the color purple no longer lifts human heads in earthly pride, but instead it lowers our heads, bends our knees, and brings our fists to our breasts as we plead for mercy. If, for our benefit, Christ effects this conversion in history's use of the color purple, imagine what He wants to do this Lent to the still black parts of our souls.

Jeannieco said:

In the Catholic church ( which I was brought up in ) purple was used everywhere especially during lent and advent, the season before Christmas.
Here is a little blurb I found, and it relates to royalty and Jesus being "The Prince Of Peace", so the association with purple is used.

The color purple, then, highlights the whole program of the Church's Lenten prayer. The purple shades of Lent focus our attention on Christ's kingship and, more importantly, on the sufferings that perfect His royal dignity and merit us grace, that gratuitous gift of God's own life that transforms our sinful hearts. It is a small sign of Christ's power that the feasting of our eyes on this luxurious color can move our souls to prayer and contrition. In the Redemption, the color purple no longer lifts human heads in earthly pride, but instead it lowers our heads, bends our knees, and brings our fists to our breasts as we plead for mercy. If, for our benefit, Christ effects this conversion in history's use of the color purple, imagine what He wants to do this Lent to the still black parts of our souls.
Thanks for the info :up:

Back
Top Bottom