Out of control pt 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
“Well now, isn’t this a fine mess you have got yourself into” Sean O’Neill remarked ruefully as he stood before Angie

“And I had to have Mr Hewson here come and tell me cos he was concerned about your welfare, I am right ashamed I am, seeing you in this state” he chastised

Angie kept her head lowered, picking at her thumbnail as if fascinated by it

Sean turned to Bono’s father “I am sorry if she has caused you any bother, you know what kids are like, think they know it all”

“Aye I do” Bono’s father replied shooting a glance at his son, who pulled a face

Angie’s father turned his attention on her again “I don’t know why you are living like this for… you know you can come home anytime, we didn’t kick you out… you left. Now look at you, I hope you have learned your lesson. You know how embarrassing it is to find out from a neighbour your daughter is sleeping rough and having to sleep on his sofa, when she has a perfectly good bed at home just a few streets away.

Bono had expected fireworks from Angie, to see her defiant and yell back at her Da, tell him to eff of, in her usually fiery spirit, but his presence seemed to have rendered her mute, she did not reply or say anything to defend herself, or what she had done, which Bono found a little disturbing... it was so unlike her, so he felt he had to say something

“Angie is welcome to stay here as long as she likes Mr O’Neill… if that’s what she wants”

“Bono I think you should stay out of this… it’s between Angie and her Da,” His father shot him a warning glance

“Yes” Sean O’Neill replied, “I guess I should thank you for looking out for her young man... but I think I know what is best for my daughter, and I won’t have her taking advantage of your Da’s hospitality any longer, she will be coming home with me where she belongs... its for the best I think”

“Is that what you want Angie?” Bono asked turning his attention on her

“Doesn’t look like I got much choice” Angie replied with a small shrug

Bono’s blue gaze stared at her speculatively as he remembered how she had insisted she would never return home.

Now she seemed compliant, as if all the spirit had gone out of her, he could not understand what was going on.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to” he told her

She looked directly up at him now, “What I want is not important, it never has been” the resignation in her eyes disturbed him, he wasn’t sure why.

“Well I think we should get you home now you have taken up enough of these good peoples time,” her father stated.

Angie rose to her feet, seeming almost zombie-like as she stood next to her him who turned his attention to Bono’s father

“Thanks again, I am sorry about all this, but at least we have got it sorted” he shook hands with him

“It’s alright, as long as I know she is going to be safe and sound… that’s the main thing” Bono’s father replied smiling

“Yes” her father agreed glancing at Angie next to him, who still remained silent and staring down at her feet

It didn’t go unnoticed by Bono, that as they turned to leave Sean O’Neill put his hand on his daughter’s back to guide her out the door, and she flinched moving away from his touch as if it had burnt her.

He wasn’t sure why he felt so uneasy… his whole plan had been to get Angie to return to the safety of her home away from the likes of Mickey Black and his drugs, so by rights he should have felt happy relieved to see her with her father.

It was the change in Angie’s whole demeanour around the man, that left Bono with many questions on his mind about what exactly had happened between Angie and her parents and why she had left home.

But he didn’t have the time to dwell on it too much, as soon as they had gone Bono’s father returned to the living room and demanded to know why Bono’s face was bruised and who he had been fighting with,

Bono retaliated by demanding to know why his dad had gone to Sean O’Neill
And told him about Angie, which started a heated argument between them about ‘kids not knowing what was for the best’ and ‘Parents always don’t know what is best either’

This resulted in Bono storming out of the house in a huff, annoyed with his father’s unwelcome interference, justified or not.

Bono ended up back at the pub, Edge and Adam where just coming out. The first thing the noticed was his bruised face.

“What the hell happened to you?” Adam demanded in concern

“I got into a bit of a scuffle with Mickey Black,” Bono informed them reluctantly as he rubbed his jaw which had stopped aching

“From that I gather you found Angie then” Edge retorted

Bono held his hand up before Edge could utter another word… he was still not in a good mood

“Please, don’t you dare say I told you so,” he warned.

Edge’s eyes widen as if shocked by the suggestion “Now would I do a thing like that?” he drawled trying to hide his grin

“I really need a drink” Bono replied

“Well for you, I think we could force ourselves to go back in for another round,” Adam replied, and put his arm around Bono in support, leading him into the pub “C’mon mate, this one is on us”

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom