One of my U2 tapes exploded!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkys girl

Refugee
thought that would grab yer attention!

I need a favor...one of my U2 videotapes passed away yesterday! I am distraught, because some of the stuff was really hard to find.
The favor.....
Does someone have the following stuff:
PopMart 97 ABC special
and any of these videos, Gloria,TwoHearts,Please,Last night on earth, Mission Impossible, Hold me thrill me kiss me killme, IGWSHA, & Stay (faraway so close).... that they can dub for me (I have dubbing equipment myself, if need be.)
I am also willing to pay a reasonable fee for such a tape, I know some of the stuff is hard to find.
Please email me, if U can help.
mrosas7604@aol.com

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Pluuuheeeze don't ignore my thread!!!
frown.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Lol who's the one who buried a casette tape one time? I LOOOVE that story!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes

Love me, Give me Soul

"Mmm...unexplained bacon" ~Homer Simpson~

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

Hmmmm, it was not me, but i do remember someone did bury their AB cassette.
wonder who it was?!?!?

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

yeah, there is it is pretty neat! that's what makes me soooo sad, it's a great video and very hard to find.
frown.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

the only suggestion I have is to try to download some of the video in Morpheous. That's how I have seen most of those. Although I've never seen gloria up for download I have gotten Please, IGWSHA, Stay, HMTMKMKM, Last night on earth, and Two Hearts. Never looked for MI and I'm pretty sure you won't find the ABC special but at least you'll have recovered some of it.

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
yeah, there is it is pretty neat! that's what makes me soooo sad, it's a great video and very hard to find.
frown.gif

I remember that video! OMG it was good.....
It was hard to find cause they'd only show it really late at night & really early in the morning, like at 5 am. I remember waking up that early just so I could see it
smile.gif

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
...a little girl with Irish eyes...

~?~*~?~ Life, Love & Larry ~?~*~?~
What more could you ask for?

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Originally posted by mbi16:
the only suggestion I have is to try to download some of the video in Morpheous. That's how I have seen most of those. Although I've never seen gloria up for download I have gotten Please, IGWSHA, Stay, HMTMKMKM, Last night on earth, and Two Hearts. Never looked for MI and I'm pretty sure you won't find the ABC special but at least you'll have recovered some of it.

thanks mbi16, i will check into that and see if it works out for me.
any other suggestions are appreciated too!
smile.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Wow. I have never seen the IGWSHA video. (Obviously, or I would have known it existed, right?) What's the plot of the video? Is there a plot? I also haven't really seen the Please video -- just once, late at night, in 1997. I need to try and download them from somewhere. Sparkys girl, I'm really sorry about your tape. I actually might have some of the stuff you're looking for, but I don't have the proper setup for tape dubbing. How does one do this?

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Wow. I have never seen the IGWSHA video. (Obviously, or I would have known it existed, right?) What's the plot of the video? Is there a plot? I also haven't really seen the Please video -- just once, late at night, in 1997. I need to try and download them from somewhere.

I've seen it before, & I just did a U2 search on Kazaa like I always do, and the video came up as a result, so I'm downlaoding it now. If I remember right, there really is not plot to the IGWSHA video. I vaguely remember it, but I think it was a split screen showing the 4 guys sitting in a restaurant or a bar (a very hot video), but I can't remember exactly cause I don't have it on tape & haven't seen it in ages.....

Sparkys girl, could ya help me out here?

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
...a little girl with Irish eyes...

~?~*~?~ Life, Love & Larry ~?~*~?~
What more could you ask for?

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Wow. Sparkys girl, I'm really sorry about your tape. I actually might have some of the stuff you're looking for, but I don't have the proper setup for tape dubbing. How does one do this?

thanks for the sympathy MbG, i was so upset, there was so much stuff on it, i guess thats what happens when you play something too much. i've decided to make duplicates of the other stuff i have, just in case.

about the vcr setup, well i just have 2 vcrs hooked up together, i know there are cables involved to interface them, but my brother actually set it up for me, so i can't give you specifics, but i will ask him to tell me what he did. i don't mean to make it sound complicated, but honestly, i am not sure about the setup.

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
If I remember right, there really is not plot to the IGWSHA video. I vaguely remember it, but I think it was a split screen showing the 4 guys sitting in a restaurant or a bar (a very hot video), but I can't remember exactly cause I don't have it on tape & haven't seen it in ages.....

Sparkys girl, could ya help me out here?

you are right on the money katie, there is not a real plot to the video, the funny thing for me is that they all seem to be talking and making funny faces, but you really can't hear them talk. sparky looks sooooo hot, i love him in bleach blond hair!

i did a search on morpheus and found a couple of videos, i just downloaded 2 hearts, but it is a perfomance they did at some show, the actual video has a little boy following Bono around the city and some pantomine keeps popping up every so often.
they were all such babies in this video!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

i'm sorry about the passing of your tape, SG. i tragically can relate, i taped over 90% of bono on charlie rose.
frown.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by madonna's child:
i'm sorry about the passing of your tape, SG. i tragically can relate, i taped over 90% of bono on charlie rose.
frown.gif

yeah, i hate it when that happens, i am checking my tapes because one of the cinemax channels is gonna show MDH at 530am tomorrow, so i wanna make sure and tape it. of course, i hafta check my tapes so i don't tape over anything else, i've got U2 stuff scattered over several tapes! you know how that goes!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

I've never seen the "If God Will Send His Angels" video but I as watching a movie and it was promoting the City of Angels movie (the one with Meg Ryan and Nicolas Cage) and it said that on the VHS and DVD of this movie there is a Bonus feature...none other than IGWSHA video by U2 at the end of the movie!

Oki, I think I have all that you are asking for except maybe the ABC Popmart thing. But....a big but, I guess. I don't exactly know which format it's in, PAL or NTSC. And I'm not sure how to copy it. Where do you live? I will see if I can take my vcr and go to a friend to copy it. OKI?

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Oki, I think I have all that you are asking for except maybe the ABC Popmart thing. But....a big but, I guess. I don't exactly know which format it's in, PAL or NTSC. And I'm not sure how to copy it. Where do you live? I will see if I can take my vcr and go to a friend to copy it. OKI?

MissZooropa, I hope you can help me out, I live in San Antonio TX, I will post my email addy again, please write me and I will give you the info!
Thanks!
smile.gif

Like a true dodo head, I forgot to post my email addys, here they are mrosas7604@aol.com or moonchild27@hotmail.com, either is fine!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 11-09-2001).]

Hi SG!!!! I have missed you, glad to see you're back!!!
smile.gif

I could certainly help you out with the ABC special, Gloria and Two Hearts. I *think* I also have stay and Last Night on Earth, but I couldn't swear to it. Let me know how you make out w. your search, and I'd be happy to help if you're stuck.

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Hi SG!!!! I have missed you, glad to see you're back!!!
smile.gif

I could certainly help you out with the ABC special, Gloria and Two Hearts. I *think* I also have stay and Last Night on Earth, but I couldn't swear to it. Let me know how you make out w. your search, and I'd be happy to help if you're stuck.

I just sent you a "pleading" email Jess!
smile.gif

Thanks, sweetie....I missed you too!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Lol who's the one who buried a casette tape one time? I LOOOVE that story!!!!!

That was me. Lol. People laughed at me for ages after that... Can't think why?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Jody (edited 11-10-2001).]

Originally posted by Jody:
That was me. Lol. People laughed at me for ages after that... Can't think why?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Jody (edited 11-10-2001).]
Nothing wrong with that Jody, I still cannot part with my 'OLD' cassette tapes. They sound real warped and will probably get jammed in the player if I try to play them, but I can't part with them. *talk about nostalgia*
biggrin.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom