Just received a stash of rare U2 goodies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so thrilled!

My aunts friend found some old U2 CD's, videos, books and a tape left behind by a previous tenant and, knowing my love of U2, my aunt brought them down for my inspection. They're all "unofficial" releases but were obviously released by a third party company as they all have authentic covers and CD texture. Many also have price tags and "Import" stickers. They were definitly not home-made. Here's what I got:

CD's

- U2 The Remixes (feat. the likes of a 12 minute 'Desire' and a 6 minute 'Even Better Than The Real Thing', amongst others)

- U2 Unforgettable Duets (feat. the likes of '"40"' with Annie Lenox, 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' with Axl Rose and 'Bad/Walk On The Wild Side' with Lou Reed)

- U2 Unreleased Album (feat. a whole album of U2 songs I've never even heard of - 'Doctor, Doctor', 'Don't Say Good Bye', 'Wake Up and Take' amongst others!)

- Bono The Complete Solo Projects Volume Two (feat. 'Sweet Fire of Love', 'Slug' and 'I Am Not Your Baby')

- U2 Duets (feat. 'Invisible Sun' and 'It's All Over Now, Baby Blue')

- U2 The Fly single (still unopened with the original seal and HMV sticker on it!)

Books

- The Complete Guide To The Music Of U2 by Bill Graham (goes through every song up to Zooropa, as well as singles, E.P.'s and extra tracks)

- U2 The Stories Behind The Songs by Niall Stokes (oddly it has a picture from Popmart on the cover but only goes as far as Zooropa. Still looks great though!)

Videos

- U2 Video Sampler (with 'For Store Use Only. Not For Sale.' on the front. Features 13 tracks, including 'A Sort of Homecoming', 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' and 'Bad')

- U2 Outside It's America (a documentary video following U2 on the American leg of the 'Joshua Tree Tour'. Features the likes of 'Bullet', 'Streets' and 'ISHFWILF' and, as a bonus track, the first ever Irish TV Apperance of U2 in June 1978)

- U2 Live Aid (U2 live from both 'Live Aid', at the Wembley Stadium, London and 'Self Aid', at the R.D.S. Arena, Dublin. Features 'Pride', 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' and 'Bad' among many others)

Tapes

- U2 The Lost Tapes (looks ancient! Again, no recognisable tracks)

And all this for nothing!

Not a bad days work ;)

That is so unbelievably awesome. You're so damn lucky.

That Live Aid performance is a total score, but then again, everything is.

Wow :eek: Congrats.. you got a lot of nice stuff.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
CD's

- U2 Unreleased Album (feat. a whole album of U2 songs I've never even heard of - 'Doctor, Doctor', 'Don't Say Good Bye', 'Wake Up and Take' amongst others!)
[/b]

That, unless I'm mistaken, is the Auxtung Beibi bootleg -- aka, the Achtung Baby demos and unreleased songs. :)

Books

- U2 The Stories Behind The Songs by Niall Stokes (oddly it has a picture from Popmart on the cover but only goes as far as Zooropa. Still looks great though!)

That's the older version. They released a new version with Pop and ATYCLB added on in 2001, under the name Into the Heart. :) It's a nice book, even though there's a few flaws.

elevatedmole said:
That's the older version. They released a new version with Pop and ATYCLB added on in 2001, under the name Into the Heart. :) It's a nice book, even though there's a few flaws.
you mean like how the post-passengers one calls a certain song "miss saigon?" :tongue:

You mean someone moved and left all those treasures behind? :confused: How stupid can they be?

Congratulations on your good fortune. That's amazing to have that suff just fall into your lap!

Wow!!!! What a great surprise that is!!!!!!

Sheesh, and I was all excited today cuz I found a Barbie doll I wanted on sale...*kicks dirt, shoves hands in pockets* Shucks, that's nothin' in comparison!

Bono's shades said:
You mean someone moved and left all those treasures behind? :confused: How stupid can they be?

Congratulations on your good fortune. That's amazing to have that suff just fall into your lap!

Yeah I know I was pretty shocked too. I was expecting just one or two of the studio albums which I already had. Can't wait to check out some of the stuff properly when I get the time!

Back
Top Bottom