Is the 2nd of back to back show usually weak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Has anyone had any experience going to the 2nd of back to back shows on consecutive nights? How has it been? Have they cut the show shorter, and is Bono's voice suffering?

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

Yeah, the latter of multiple gigs usually brings out a more varied set list. I can't wait for tonight...and saturday...and sunday

CK

USUALLY the 2nd night is better. As pointed out there will be some type of variation in the setlist and if Bono knows he doesnt have to sing the next day he usually tries to belt out some of the songs a little more.

The 2nd Chicago Popmart show was definately better than the first for an example.

I went to both Chicago shows last week. At the beginning of the 2nd show I thought the band was more energetic than the previous night, but I'm not sure that was the case for the entire show. The setlist was a little different but I can't say better, because it's a matter of personal taste. Bono's voice was slightly strained but still good on the second night. Length about the same.

I know why you're asking this, because the band has a reputation for mixing things up during last nights of cities with multiple shows, (ie Chicago and Boston of the Spring leg). Can't say this was true last week in Chicago, but the city only had two shows this time around rather than the 4 shows we were blessed with in May.

"This has to be the last song tonight people. Larry told me if we play any more songs after this one he is going to beat up Adam".
Bono-Joshua Tree Tour

Last April I saw U2 both nights in San Jose, and let me tell you, the 2nd night ROCKED and Bono even claimed it was one of his best vocal nights EVER
So , 2nd night is usually just as good if not better than the 1st night, then again ALL U2 shows are a unique experience!

Originally posted by U2SJ:
Last April I saw U2 both nights in San Jose, and let me tell you, the 2nd night ROCKED and Bono even claimed it was one of his best vocal nights EVER
So , 2nd night is usually just as good if not better than the 1st night, then again ALL U2 shows are a unique experience!
I too was at both San Jose shows and leaving the 1st night I thought WOW it doesn't get much better... but to my surprise San Jose night 2 was even BETTER than the first night. There was actually more energy and variation in the set.

For the Toronto shows in May both were excellent (i have trouble choosing which one i liked most), and Bono's voice was definately better the second night rather than the first.

With MSG 2 and 3!
wink.gif

Last week I thought the set list in Chicago Tuesday was better, but they were more energetic Monday night...hell, Bono even said he'd want to come back every Monday and play there. lol
smile.gif

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~ (AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Does this mean that NJ#1 might be better than MSG 1,2,&3?
wink.gif
I hope so, because I'll be there, and MSG 1 10/24 was fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom