io: this is so horrible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
My mom killed my boss's dog last night (accidently of course).

Oh the irony....:(

My mom came home last night, and when she walked in the door she said "I just hit a dog, I feel so sick" and she was almost crying. Traffic was heavy on both sides of her so she couldn't stop. Anyway, I guess the dog came bounding out and hit the side of her van--there was nothing she could do.

I felt terrible as well, and tried to convince her to go back and look for the dog. But we didn't....

So I get into work this morning, and said hi to my boss Pat. I didn't even notice that his dog Skyler wasn't with him, although he is our office pet--Skyler followed Pat everywhere and was just the sweetest, prettiest dog (I think a shepard/collie mix). Everyone on the office just adored him and always kept a container of treats on their desk for him.

Anyhoo, Pat left and one of my co-workers told me that Skyler got hit by a car last night, and Pat went outside to bury him. I asked her where it happened, and sure enough, it was right where the accident happened with mom. I felt sooooo fucking horrible this morning. I told my co-workers what happened, but none of us are going to tell Pat. I would just feel too awful telling him that it was my mom....gah :scream:

That is just so terrible for both your mom and your boss. I get upset if I just hit a bird with my car, I can't imagine how I'd feel if I hit a dog! What caused Skyer to get loose and run out in the street like that? I hope your boss will get a new dog soon...it will help.

:sad: :( :sad:

Last edited:
That's really, really sad :hug:

That's a really weird coincidence too. Of all the dogs, in all the world.

I wouldn't tell your boss. It's not your mom's fault but he may not look at it like that right away.

zoney! said:
I thought stuff like that only happened on TV. :crack: :(

Welcome to my world.

Lemon Meringue--I'm not sure what happened to cause him to run in the street like that, although Pat could be partly responsible. He never kept the dog on a leash, usually he would always stay at his side. And yeah, I know how you feel about hitting stuff like birds and other 'wild' animals. I had a groundhog run under my car a few months back and I felt sooo bad. It would horrify me to know that I hit someone's pet (especially since I had my first puppy get killed that way).

Yeah, well it's not like he could say 'well, your mom accidently hit my dog and now you're fired'. But still, I'd rather him not know. Last time I saw Skyler yesterday, I was leaving the office. He was lying on his back, being a goof, so I had to give him a belly rub....this is still rather bizarre. What are the odds??

That is horrible... and as much as you are convinced it was your mom, you really don't know for sure. Try not to feel too guilty. Accidents suck, but they happen. Give your mom a :hug:

Back
Top Bottom