'Invisible' & Tonight Show promo rack info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
The Custom Audio Electronic FB page has some photos of the promo rack.

No Axe. But that might be as the programmed Axe units are being installed into the touring rack.

Strymon Big Sky for shimmer (per CAE).
He's gone to the Pog 2. Good choice as it doesn't take as much space as the original Pog.
He's got the 808 style Tubescreamer in the rack. (I wonder if it's a Keeley or AnalogMan modded version?)
Digitech SynthWah is in the pedal drawer.
CAE Line Boost pedal
He's still got the Line 6 distortion modeler and POD, Korg A3, TC Electronics 2290, SDD 3000 and theCry Baby rack wah in the mix.

Anywho…. there's the link. Have a peek.

https://www.facebook.com/CustomAudioElectronics

So why no Axe FX in the rig for the upcoming Tonight Show?

It could be that they are using the rack without the AXE FX because they could be upgrading and changing from Axe-FX II to the upcoming AXW-FX II XL.

Announcing the Axe-Fx II XL.

AXE-FX XL FEATURES:

Built-in FASLINK™ port for connection to MFC-101 Mark III over conventional XLR cables.
Dedicated MIDI IN, OUT, and THRU jacks (vs. shared OUT/THRU in the Mark II).
Two onboard PEDAL jacks (vs. one in the Mark II).
Primary VALUE entry via optical encoder with a lifespan of 1,000,000+ rotations.
“Secret Sauce III” instrument input features an even lower noise floor.
128 Mb of non-volatile Super-FLASH memory allows for storage of up to 512 presets and 512 user cabinets with copious reserves for future expansion.
Double-capacity preset size allows for expanded functionality including X/Y switching on more blocks and more instances of effects.
Built-in backup firmware allows recovery in the event of complications during update.
Backward compatibility with Axe-Fx II Mark I/II presets via Axe-Edit software.

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY

The Axe-Fx II XL will be available in March 2014 with a list price of $2999.95. (Direct Price TBA).

The Axe-Fx II XL will be offered in our online store alongside the Axe-Fx II Mark II.

Our distributors will also offer both versions.

For more information, please contact your distributor or email sales@fractalaudio.com

Announcing the Axe-Fx II XL | Tone Report

I don't believe that... I think he like to take all the pedals. Maybe Axe will be in the tour for any song and for making promotion to fractal...

So is the Gretsch Duo Jet in the Invisible Promo video new? I don't remember him using a Duo before....

So is the Gretsch Duo Jet in the Invisible Promo video new? I don't remember him using a Duo before....

Only other time I've seen the duo jet is the Blackberry commercial.

Maybe it's his commercial paling guitar. LOL. :lol::lol:

BlackBerry U2 Commercial (BlackBerry Loves U2) - YouTube

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152956815051686

watch this, shows Edge using the Explorer for the song.

That only shows that he played one during the writing and recordings. But it doesn't confirm that it is the one on the final tune.

Do I think it's in there? Sounds like it. But as with most songs… there can be as many guitars as there are guitar tracks on the tune.

I think the song probably has more than one guitar used. I would agree that there is a good chance that the Explorer made it on the song.

But one shouldn't judge that be the making of video alone. One might remember that in 'It Might Get Loud', it showed Edge playing an SG and Country Gent at various points of the writing/recording.

Back
Top Bottom