Interesting - Audioscrobbler U2 Top 50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john1800

The Fly
Heard of Audioscrobbler? It's a plugin you add to your musicplayer (WinMX, iTunes, etc.) that records what songs you play, how often, etc. and posts it to a webpage. It also "groups" you with people who have similar playlists or tastes. What I found really interesting is that you can click on an artist's name from someone's playlist and go to a page that shows how many times Audioscrobbler users have played songs by that artist.

Here's the U2 page

It lists the top 50 tracks and how many times they've been played. The top track has been played over 18,000 times, so it's kind of a neat way of tracking what U2 songs are the most popular. Here are the top ten:

1. With or Without You (18104)
2. Beautiful Day (15606)
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday (12285)
4. Where the Streets Have No Name (11065)
5. One (10210)
6. Elevation (9619)
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (9588)
8. New Year's Day (7701)
9. Mysterious Ways (6974)
10. The Sweetest Thing (6846)

Would a top ten list by Interferencers look anything like this? I doubt it... it's not AB-heavy-enough. :wink:

Also check out the weekly track chart which lists/ranks how many AS users are playing each track.

The #1 song on the U2 playlist, WOWY, was only played by 250 users, putting it at #250 on the track chart.

Vertigo was the highest ranked U2 song on the track chart at #183 (being played by 254 users).

As a comparison, the #1 song on the track chart is "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand, and 750 users played it.

Finally, U2 is the 9th most popular artist on Audioscrobbler.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom