I'm officially cancelled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I get home last night at 11:15pm, after going to the Planetarium last night, and check my mailbox (snail mail). Inside is a letter from my auto insurance company...I have until August 3, 2002 at 12:01am to pay my bill wich is past due, or it will be cancelled. :no:

I call the 24 hour phone number...I try to pay by check over the phone, which they don't do...I try to use my credit card, which is denied, because I used check by phone to pay that bill the night before, but I didn't know it takes a whole 48 hours to go into affect, not 12 or 24 hours like most check by phone services :no:

Time is ticking...I can't find a Western Union place open 24 hours, and even if I had, it's now 11:40pm, and I wouldn't be able to get there in time...I can't find a post office open late either :no:

So I just went to the post office near me, and mailed it, (before midnight the check was in the mailbox) but it won't have a post mark on it until today. I called the insurance company back, but they said there's nothing they can do since the account was cancelled at 12:01am, and there's no one in the accounting department until monday morning :scream:

The good news is they said that there would just be a laps in coverage until they get the check, but that accounting has to review the account....Gawd I hope they renew it...

The insurance coverage I got from my dad through the company he works for, and I'm not a dependent....if they don't renew it I'm dead meat :no: It's not my fault it didn't come in the mail before yesterday tho...otherwise I would have gotten the payment in on time. :mad:

My parents call me every weekend, so I'm expecting a call from them today. So do I tell them the news now? Or wait until Monday after I talk to the insurance company and hopefully get the policy renewed????? I think I should wait until Monday to tell them anything, cuz if the insurance company renews the policy, then I don't have anything to worry about...otherwise my dad's gonna kill me :scream:

Anyway...sorry for rambling on here...just going a little crazy at the moment :(

*bangs head on desk*

((((ABEL)))) It will be okay, It can be really scary! I dont have any insurance right now bc mine was cancelled but as soon as I start school I will be okay!

adamswildhoney said:
((((ABEL)))) It will be okay, It can be really scary! I dont have any insurance right now bc mine was cancelled but as soon as I start school I will be okay!

thanks! *hugs back* it's not the insurance cancellation I'm really worried about tho...It's my dad's reaction :no:

Lara Mullen said:
Have you spoken to your paw yet?? :sad: :huh: :(

noooooooooooooooooooooo :no:

and when I speak to him, most likely later today, I don't think I'm gonna mention anything about the insurance, cuz hopefully I'll be able to take care of everything on Monday :sad:

ABEL said:

noooooooooooooooooooooo :no:

and when I speak to him, most likely later today, I don't think I'm gonna mention anything about the insurance, cuz hopefully I'll be able to take care of everything on Monday :sad:

:up: honesty is never the best policy :up:

well, ma and pa called last night....

I was :silent: about the car insurance :eeklaugh:

I hope everything's ok after I talk to the insurance people tomorrow morning :no:

*says a little prayer*

*BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!!!*

I'm not gonna be dead meat!!!!!!!!!!! YAY lol.

I called the insurance company this morning and talked to the billing speciailist who said the policy would be renewed from the date/time of postmark on the letter, which just leaves me with like a day laps in coverage.

*whew*

I think I'm going back to bed now....

Back
Top Bottom