I don't know what to make of Christmas this year...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
I usually am all over Christmas, getting caught up in the shopping and baking and all that fuss, but this year things just feel "different". Not because I'm out of work, I've finally gotten used to that, but maybe it's because after the year I've had I don't really feel up for anything else. I think it may also have something to do with 9/11, but I don't really want to put it on that since it seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

It's not a big thing, but this year the holidays seem foreign to me.

I'm just rambling on, don't mind me...
smile.gif

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

Ive noticed the same thing April, everyone seems more sobered and not really interested in the whole thing... But maybe thats just me too?

What happened on September 11th does have a lot to do with it, whether we want to admit it or not. Christmas is always a time of remembrance and reflection, but it is even more so this year for so many.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, although it is extremely difficult.

While I'm at it though, I'd like to ask you all to pray for four little children who just lost their mom. I can't get it out of my head and any prayers will help whether you know them or not, I am a firm believer in that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom