GA / ellipse prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyleschaffer

Babyface
It seems like GA tix are in the $350 - $450 range, due to the chance of getting selected for the ellipse. In a way, people are paying a "lottery" premium for the possibility of an extra-special experience.

What if there was no lottery? If they instead sold 500 (or whatever) tickets for guaranteed entry into the ellipse at $X and 3000 (again, I don't know the #s) for GA outside the ellipse at $Y, what do you think X and Y would be?

Random thought of they day.

(As to where this thought came from:
A. I would love to treat my wife for an early xmas gift to seeing U2 in the ellipse, but there's no way to guarantee that, even after splurging for GA tickets
B. I would think that most people are disappointed in this system. If 20% get selected to the ellipse, that means 80% feel like they "lost", and that they paid extra money for the missed opportunity. I wonder how many others would rather get in cheaper and forego the lottery)

I think the prices get that high for the chance to be on the floor...not for the chance to be in the ellipse.

You've got to look at getting into the ellipse as good fortune, not a won or lost opportunity.

There have been a ton of lottery discussions on here throughout the tour. If you look back, I think you'll find that there are adamant opponents of it, as well as adamant supporters of it...plus a large grey area in the middle. I don't recall there being many opinions that the lottery affects the market value cost of tickets in any way.

Treat your wife to a show on the floor. If you want to get up close, get there early and get on the rail. She'll love it either way (and sucks for you if she's one who wouldn't...). If you get the ellipse, bonus, man, bonus.

Back
Top Bottom