Edge plays "If It Be Your Will" in Sistine Chapel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scorpionac

War Child
The Edge becomes first rock star to play the Sistine Chapel | News | Culture | The Independent

"The Edge has become the first rock star to play beneath Michelangelo’s stunning painted ceiling in the Sistine Chapel.

The U2 guitarist performed an acoustic set alongside a small Irish choir on Saturday, singing his band’s hits “Walk On”, “Ordinary Love” and “Yahweh” as well as a cover of “If It Be Your Will” by Leonard Cohen.

The lucky audience gathered in the 15th-century chapel was made up of around 200 members of the Cellular Horizons regenerative medicine conference taking place at the Vatican over the weekend."

Would love to hear this in better quality.

Same, This performance and Ordinary Love sounded amazing.
Call me crazy but I'm still vouching that Edge should do one or two solo oerformances during a set. His voice is solid these days.

Are there clips out there of the U2 songs? I tried YouTube to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Same, This performance and Ordinary Love sounded amazing.
Call me crazy but I'm still vouching that Edge should do one or two solo oerformances during a set. His voice is solid these days.

I don't know why they went away from this. 'Numb' during Zoo & 'SBS' during Popmart was a nice transition part of the show & really made you appreciate Edge more. Still think 'SBS' being sung by Edge in a stadium was awesome.

Honestly I think Edge prefers to play with Bono (acoustic numbers).

I don't know why they went away from this. 'Numb' during Zoo & 'SBS' during Popmart was a nice transition part of the show & really made you appreciate Edge more. Still think 'SBS' being sung by Edge in a stadium was awesome.

Honestly I think Edge prefers to play with Bono (acoustic numbers).

Yep, he seems to. He stays classy by saying Bono has an amazing voice. But they both have a fantastic voice.. . I guess its just wishfull thinking to hope for it.

About the video's I've only found exerpts from Ordinary Love. Not full songs.
Which is sad because, wow , it sounds fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom