Cool...Bill Flanagan on TV this morning!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
The legendary "U2 Bible" author himself, Bill Flanagan, was on CBS this morning, talking about the music scene after 9-11 last year. He looked pretty much the same, but he'd shaved off his bushy beard (he looks a bit like Charles Grodin, but with longer hair).

He was saying that certain songs will forever evoke heavy emotions about that day, (they played some clips of Bruce, Steve Earle and Alan Jackson), and tho I didn't see (!) any clip about U2 (amazingly--you'd think Peace on Earth would be THE song for that day), he said that Jeff Buckley's version of "Halleluja" was so powerful and moving, that to this day, he still has a hard time listening to *any* of Jeff's music.

Even tho we already *know* this....he seems like a pretty cool guy! :cool:

Did Bill mention U2 at all? It would seem really strange if he didn't, seeing how he's a U2 expert and some of the band's ATYCLB songs are closely associated with Sept. 11 even though they were all written before it happened.

I totally understand what he means about Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah." That song tears me to pieces every time I hear it.

Back
Top Bottom