Candy Apple Red Fender Jazz for Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any specs on it yet?

He's had the red Jazz for a bit. Although I have not seen him use it a lot. It think that it might only have been used for "Walk On" but there could have been another tune here or there. But as the Warwick blog stated, that he'd gotten the Candy Apple Red to spuce up things for the next leg of the tour, perhaps he will used the Candy Apple Red Jazz bass more?

From what I've heard, Adam like 1960's era Fender Precision and Jazz bass guitars. He like maple neck/fretboard. As far as I know the pickups and pots on his are all original. He likes the matching painted headstock.

The thing is, many of the 1960's era Fender's came with rosewood fretboards. 1959-1969 Precision and Jazz basses. 1970 saw the return of maple for Precision and Jazz basses in 1971 with black block markers.

Perhaps some special orders from the 1960's came with maple neck w/matching painted headstock. Or perhaps Adam has had the necks changed to maple and gotten the headstocks painted to match?

Didn't he use that one on COBL sometime in 2009? :hmm: I vaguely recall him using it. Or was it a Precision? Either way it was a red one!

Didn't he use that one on COBL sometime in 2009? :hmm: I vaguely recall him using it. Or was it a Precision? Either way it was a red one!

Yepper. The same Jazz. I wasn't saying that it was necessarily new but that red seems to be a new colour for Adam. Check out this clip.

YouTube - U2 Milan 2009-07-07 City Of Blinding Lights

I think it is new for him to be using on "Walk On", if memory serves it was the gold sparkle Jazz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h92f5v5N_xg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom