Brussels 2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's amazing that I'm actually the one here arguing for more new stuff and less staples, usually it's the other way round :wink:

In Munich it was raining, at least for some parts of the show, and they still played the new and unreleased stuff. I don't really know if weather is a big factor for U2 at all. I understand they play a more or less "greatest hits" set in cities where they haven't played before. I was actually defending this decision for Athens, Istanbul and Moscow when many other people on various U2 boards slammed the band for the "boring" set. I just feel in Brusseles there was no need to throw out all the new stuff, it's a step in the wrong direction, IMO. I hope that when the tour will have reached Australia it won't be a total greatest hits tour. U2 shouldn't stop experimenting with new stuff and continue to show some courage by playing unreleased songs. It was one of their greatest decisions ever to do that for this year's tour.

my take on Istanbul and Moscow is that they played the hits as they'd never played either before (that I recall anyway)- a set list can look boring on a web page, but in the flesh it's a whole different experience.

Both AOH and Bad got a big reaction from the crowd, and I was certainly happy to hear them again- but agree it's nice to hear new stuff- but it's tough to do that in a stadium show- when they're basically playing to 80% of the crowd who may only go to one show- not suprisingly they would prefer to hear the hits- and those songs do have enormous power in a stadium show

Back
Top Bottom